If Should I be paying to ship the item?

Please tell me this please. I am not sure if I should be sending the items out. I offered free coin purses in a group. Now I was not sure how to add the person who I joined to coin them something. But either way I offered a free coin purse. I was not offering to ship it free. Should I be doing this. However I have a lady who lives in the area who wants to buy my bags.She can pick them up. So can the others who live In NY. But if they don't they have to pay shipping. Please let me know what you think.
@sanell (2114)
That is a tough one, I would just charge as small amount as you can on the shipping and handling. There are always offers out that that are FREE but that you have to pay shipping and handling so I would not worry, I would request that they pay for Shipping and handling. That is so great that your bags are selling so well! Congrats Sandra Your friend!
That is nice for me for sure. I am really trying to get off the ground. Thanks
@moneyandgc (3430)
I think that you are already giving these people something that you not only used your supplies on, but also your time. If they don't want to pay shipping and can't pick it up; they can choose not to get a coin purse. People are greedy; always wanting something for nothing. Just make sure you word your offer that you are giving a free coin purse but cannot cover shipping costs.
I will not be sending anyone a coin purse where I have to pay shipping. Your right people are greedy.
@whyaskq (7532)
If you are already giving out free bags, I would think it is fair for the recipient to pay the shipping fees. Of course, you can offer to pay shipping fees for those who really cannot afford it. I just hope people do not abuse the free gifts and profit from it.
Thanks for your understanding
Typically when I offer a free gift in my shop, it is "with a purchase", and then I do not charge them extra shipping for the free item. I just eat what little bit extra it might be. Customers tend to not like to have to pay anything (not even shipping) if something is just marked free. If you feel that you can't eat the cost of shipping, then I would suggest saying "Free plus the cost of shipping". Good luck!
Thanks very much
I guess if you said "free coin purse!" And did not mention shipping, you should eat the cost of it. If you said they would have to pay shipping, or if that is the standard for the group, then no, you shouldn't be paying. I can't imagine it should cost much to send, though...?! I don't understand this sentence here..."Now I was not sure how to add the person who I joined to coin them something." anyway, the little purses are VERY cute!!
Someone on mylot asked if we could help her win xzy. So I went to join the group and since i did not know how to add the person referring me there. I left a message sating I was referred by so and so. Since it was a free group. I offered a free coin purse. Now I am not sending anything I have to over shipping. If someone was sending me something free. I would more than happily pay shipping.
@Polly1 (12649)
Yes they need to pay for the shipping.
Thank very much
@sedel1027 (17855)
I would say that if you are shipping a bag to that person and you throw in a freebie to eat the cost of an extra weight. However, if you are just sending the coin purses, I would ask for shipping. I can't imagine it would cost much to ship one coin purse.
Thanks very much. The group leader said the coin purse was not free if any money was asked for it. I I told her I was giving it for free but not shipping it for free. I thank you I will give a coin purse to the ones who pick it up.
@winterose (39918)
what you are doing sounds alright to me.
@chiyosan (29406)
I think you have to ask for shipping. You are sending the purse as a gift, but of course, you have to inform how much that would cost the person you will be sending it too…
@slothgurl (573)
• Enumclaw, Washington
When you offered them for free, you should have said "Free coin purse with purchase" It would probably add about 50 cents to the shipping. Or maybe- "If you would like to have a coin purse, I will send you one free of charge, if you pay shipping". If you just offered the coin purse for free, to me free means FREE as in GIFT.