What have been some of your best finds at thrift stores?

Just this week I went to Goodwill, searching for curtains, didn't find what I wanted. Just in browsing in the store I found three (2 brand new) kids games for $1 each. Password, Whoonu by Cranium and Scattergories Junior. I felt like I won the lottery!!! I rarely ever seen good games at the particular Goodwill. Just had to share. What have you found that you were so excited about?
@cher913 (25895)
wow thats great! i absolutely LOVE thrift stores and garage salves because sometimes you can find some really great deals there! i happened into one thrift store that was having a 50% sale off of shoes and purses and found a brand new purse and with the sale, only paid a dollar for it!
Wow, a thrift store having a 50% off sale?!?!!!! What an awesome thing! And a new purse for only $1, you got the deal of the week for sure! Thanks for sharing!
@beaniecat (329)
We have one goodwill store in our town that is very clean and nice. I love looking there for jeans. I have found all my favorite jeans at the goodwill store. My other good finds have been designer clothing for my daughter.
That's funny you've gotten all your favorite jeans from goodwill. I was just thinking the other day I should start looking for some jeans as my only favorite pair is starting to show wear. It's so hard to give those up when you love them so much! Sounds silly, but it's true!
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
I've found some really good buys in the past, but I haven't visited any stores lately. Some that come to mind are high end, brand name purses for $5 or less. I don't buy things just for the name, but when I see something like that, I can't pass it up! I always had good luck with sweaters too. I never paid more than $3 for a Christopher & Banks sweater.
Wow that's awesome! I see lots of nice name brand clothing too. I believe all the shirts/blouses etc. are only 2.95. Very nice! Thanks for sharing.
I love it when I can find my kids clothes for a great price. Kids grow up so fast and I can barely keep up on their clothes. When I can go into a store and buy a few outfits for the kids and keep it under $20 I feel pretty good. A few weeks ago I got my Son a new Suit and my Daughter 2 new dresses for $21. The suit alone would have cost us at least $40 if we got it new and it was in perfect condition. One less thing I need to buy at full price.
I know what your mean. And my boys are so hard on pants/jeans/windpants. I only buy new dress clothes if I can't find them at the thrift store and we need them for something specific. Great finds!
@sergeantrom (5712)
A london fog rain coat brand new for $5. That coat is worth over $200+. I didnt buy it for the name, it just looked sturdy. That coat will last me a lifetime.
Nice to hear you're buying something because of what it is and not for the name brand. I'm not a name brand person myself, but when you find out it's great quality, you know you spent your money wisely. Thanks for sharing.
I haven't been to any thrift stores lately, but I hae gotten a load of great things on eBay and from internet auctions, including a really nice tiara for my wedding outfit, recently. Just goes to show that you don't have to go to some top of the line store, to get what you want.
I completely agree with you, that you don't have to go to an expensive bridal store. Headpieces are so overpriced it's unreal. Thanks for sharing.
@ruby222 (4848)
Well here in the UK we have the charity shops..the same as your thrift shops,and though some of them have got quite expensive recently,they are very good for books an videos...i have picked up some excellent books and videos over the years at a tiny price...and the bonus is that you can take them back to the shop swhen you have finished with them!!