not using cruise control in inclement weather

Somewhat recently, someone posted a story that was, in effect, a warning about not using your cruise control on wet (slippery) roads. I don't know if the story itself is true, but I had always known not to use the cruise on bad roads- be it snow, ice, rain, etc. However, I seem to recall at least one responder saying it was inaccurate info so I wanted to find out for sure. I checked my owners manual today and it actually says in there not to use the cruise when driving on snow, ice, high winds, or slippery roads. Just thought I would pass this along for whatever it's worth.
@ebsharer (5518)
http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/wetroad.asp Check it out here on snopes.com - here it says TRUE. Any time you get an e-mail you aren't sure about check it out on Snopes they usually have it on there. Just put a few key words in the search box.
@aretha (2539)
thank you! i had started a discussion about this and someone put this site and said that it wasn't true. i wanted to check the site but my discussion was deleted before i could. i will write it down this time.lol
I do use snopes...I tried to check during the last thread, but I didn't find anything at the time I don't think. Thanks!
@gxnfly (1147)
Thank you sharing this information.But beg your pardon,could you tell me what's cruise control?Sorry for my limited English.I'm looking forward to your response.
Thank you for responding. Cruise control- the feature on a car that allows you to set the speed and the car will hold that speed until you turn it off.
@aretha (2539)
i was the one that posted it and thought it might be helpful but it got deleted. not really sure why i know a couple people said it was not true and i should of searched it before posting it but to tell yeah the truth i never even thought about it. i know i won't be useing it just in case. what it was saying though did make sinc to why you should not use it. i don't have an owners manual cuz the dealership lost it and said they could not get another but i will have to remember to check my cusions later. thanks for sharing this. lets hope it don't get deleted
@Ldyjarhead (10157)
I heard this several years ago too and it absolutely makes sense, so I talked with Randy about it once (you remember he was a manager with Firestone) and he thought it was bunk. I looked it up somewhere and showed him in writing, and also asked him to talk with his technicians about it and they agreed with me. 'Nuff said ...