How do you feel about kids taking meds for Adhd-ADHD-ADHAD?

My daughter takes aderal for ADHAD.
@locolady (375)
My eldest daughter is adhd compiled with moderate to severe ld's ,she is almost 12 now,and I'm happy to report that when she takes her daily pill (concerta 36mg) life is great all around-- when she doesn't take her pill she becomes not only verbally but physically violent to those around her..Like the other lady in one of your discussions ,the symtoms didn't really show until after the birth of another child..My daughter was on 7 diff meds -trying to find the right one..concerta here in canada costs 3.00 a pill,but it is well worth it,and come hell or high water I scrounge together 100.00 a month ,to pay for that prescription,cause the gov. says that until she has tried all the meds out there they are unwilling to cover the cost..my daughter also has a behaviour counsellor to help her deal with reality..
There are too many other options. There are natural options, teaching style options, diet options....