Are You Ready For a Woman As President?

Just in general, and not to single out Hillary Clinton, this is just about a woman as president as general, have any ideas for one--it could be anyone. If your haven't warmed up to the idea of a woman as president, how come? According to a CNN (Opinion Research, Corp; January) poll, 72 percent of White Americans and 61 percent of Black Americans are ready for a black President. Im not a big fan of banking on polls because I think most are bogus but I'd thought I'd put something out there to start the conversation, what do you think of those stats?
@cvrmom (181)
I am ready for a woman president. However, not Hillary Clinton. I heard the polls, too, this morning and more people are ready for a black president than for a woman president. I really wish people could get past lables and just go by the issues. There are enough of them to keep everyone happy and divided. I've heard the polls are done mostly to land line phones and they don't pick up the people with just cell phones. That alone could really throw off the polls.
Im trying to understand why other countries have been able to elect a woman as president but never in our history have we in the United States elected a woman as president.
@Taskr36 (13925)
I think part of the problem is that we are a much larger, more heavily populated country. That means you have to convince a LOT more people if you want a female president. We've had plenty of female governors, mayors, and senators. It's just easier when you're selling the idea to a smaller, more concentrated population.
@cvrmom (181)
That makes a lot of sense. In a smaller population it would be easier for the canidate to be personally heard and known. I'll bet the percentage of out population that has actually seen a presidential canidate in person is very small. But, even if I met Hillay Clinton in person, I would still not vote for her. I think she is one of the smartest ladies around, but I don't agree with her ideas and I don't think she's hones. Sniper fire! ha ha ha
@filmbuff (2909)
Yeah I'm ready for a woman to be president. Women have ruled many, many empires, going as far back as Ancient Egypt (and further back as well) to countries as modern as Europe and Canada. It doesn't seem strange to me at all to consider a woman as the leader of of country. There is something to be said for womanhood, the nurturing aspects and forward thinking of one's actions that will effect not just the current generation, but the generations that are yet to come. Also, and this is no slam against women, but woman are very competitive, at the very least with each other. Also, they can be very manipulative (just a fact) and know how to get men to do what they want. Those are not bad qualities for a leader to have, depending on how they are used. Bring on a woman president I say, it's a good thing.
well said, i loved it.
@irisheyes (4373)
I am so ready for a female president. You could say I had my heart set on it and I'm still hoping it becomes a reality in the next election. I just have a strong feeling that there will be a black male president soon whether this time or not but the chances of a woman presidential candidate again in the next 50 years are much slimmer. I hope not but I fear so. I just don't put a lot of faith in polls in general. It's difficult to put people's hopes and aspirations into numbers and when they try, there always seems to be someone who comes along and astounds the pundits. It happened a little while ago when Obama emerged and it could happen yet again.
I love their reactions on the news when the numbers dont add up and like you said, things happen completely opposite of what they predicted and its like 'I just don't get what happened' because their so convinced they have the whole public figured out--look at all the different names they give voters.
Yes! I am ready for a woman President, however it would depend on what issues she supported. I am not pro-Hillary. I would not support her, I do not support her. If another woman ran and I shared the same views as her, I would be the first one rallying for her. Breaking it down, to me race doesnt matter and gender doesnt matter.
• Belgium
Well, I don't really think it's relevant whether or not a candidate is a woman or not. It's all about what ideas they support. If I share most of their ideology, I'll support them, if not then I won't.