Fat kids banned from taking donkey rides!!!!

@TinaP40 (330)
Spain
I read today that obese kids who weigh over 8st are being banned from traditional seaside donkey rides to protect the donkeys health! As well as this the owners have to ensure their donkeys only work a 6 day week and im sure they will soon have to make sure they have a pension plan in place to! Donkey rides have been a tradition in seaside towns around england since victorian days and over 850 donkeys still work!
I am in total agreement with this rule. Living in the UK I have often seen these animals on the beaches and as an animal lover I do not like to these the donkeys trudge up and down with kids on their backs all day long. What a boring existence for them. I wonder how they will enforce this law though, will they be provided with weighing scales, I can see a law coming out soon that will state it is illegal to discriminate against obese kids. I would not like to be the one to tell the kid they are too fat to sit on the donkey, knowing some parents this could lead to the owner getting a fat lip!!
@TinaP40 (330)
• Spain
I agree protect animals but.....would you want to tell a kid that has been stood waiting that they cant have a ride?
Oh thats a nice tradition i never heard of that one b4. Any ways they ban fat kids? How mean is that? Protect donkeys health? Right from jesus times, all we heard was that donkeys are used to carry heavy laden wieghts 4rm place 2 place, donkeys were used 4 that purpose. So i cannot c y they have to ban something like that? I mean there cud b a severe hurt on that childz mind and heart....
@TinaP40 (330)
• Spain
I agree donkeys were supposed to be able to carry big weights!