When you get something notarized

@sedel1027 (17873)
does everyone have to sign in front of the notary? I know I should have the answer for this, but I am having a brain fart! Thanks
i get mine done at city hall I have signed mine before getting there. I was never told to sign it again to be sure it was me. I had a letter notarized by a friend where the person signing was not there. It depends on where you go. You should have to sign it right in front of the notary.
@sedel1027 (17873)
My MOm told me of a place that will notarize and they have 1 witness, so I just have to find some fill in. I hope to get this done ASAP b/c it is to get back owed child support. Takes them 3-4 weeks to say if they are going to do it, 3-4 for a possible court date...another month to collect....yeah I have jump through about 20 hoops just to fill out the paper work. Even worse I have to pay for this because I am not poor. What the heck.
Wow they are finding more reason to get the cash.
@queenofarms (1665)
I'm pretty sure you have to sign the document in front of the notary.
@sedel1027 (17873)
Hmm. I already signed the paper....I really didn't even realize that it has to be notarized until after the fact.
yes you must be in front of a notary to be notarized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! see my blog: http://mobilevanotary.blogspot.com
@stephcjh (32388)
Everyone who is involved with the document you are having notarized, must be present and sign the document. I have had to do that before also. I had to go back one time because the other person needed to be presnet when being signed also.
@34momma (13920)
they sure do. all parties who have to sign that document has to be present in front of the notary. unless you know someone who knows someone then you don't have ta. LOL
@foxyfire33 (10021)
My former MIL is a notary. Everyone is supposed to sign in front of her but they don't all have to be there at the same time depending on what it is...like when we bought my car, the kid we bought it from signed it for her and left it there then we came down and signed it because our schedule didn't match up with his and we weren't going to wait weeks for a common day off. We've also dealt with things already being signed for whatever reason...it wasn't a big deal as long as that person could prove it was their signature...by going there and verifying it with a driver's license or whatever.
@howard96h (11729)
• New York, New York
Yes, the notary is a witness to you signing the document in front of them.