Frsh fruits versus fresh fruit juice

@pitstop (6798)
Everyone says that fresh fruit juice is good. But what I dont understand it why isn't it healthier to eat the fruit itself as it is and drink a little water so you also get hydrated. Juices squeeze off the roughage and fiber from the fruits and hence these are lost - maybe with some other nutrients too. Is my thinking wrong.... duh! lemme know please!
@sedel1027 (17854)
I was always taught that fresh fruit was better because even though the container says 100% juice on the front there are often additives and extra sugar to make it taste better.
@pitstop (6798)
I think that even drinking freshly squeezed juice at your home is not as healthy as the fruit itself. What do you think?
@sedel1027 (17854)
I would think that eating the fruit would be better. Well, unless you are not washing it properly or not eating produce that really should be organic.
@Fishmomma (11477)
I'm certain eating the fruit is better for you than just having the juice. I know drinking juice is better than some other drinks that people drink a lot of it like soda. Its certainly better to have a glass of juice at breakfast time even though the coffee use to help me wake up quickly. I will admit its fun to use my new juicer, so love fresh juice. It works so quickly. The juice smells so good.