the devil?

Romania
What do you know about the devil? He is mean, ugly, hairy and what??? He tempts you to be his worshiper and bring sacrifices to him? Do you know how the devil' s face changed upon history? From a fallen angel from the sky to a horned animal. Who gave him his new features? He used to be just a little devil with no strenght upon anyone...and moast of the time he was ridiculed. Who gave him strenght to own people's souls? My only answear is the Church. Using the devil the Church gathered many fallowers. They needed a force , an opposite one, they needed a battle between good and evil, and they invented a strong devil that could be a match for Jessus. The best commercial add of the Church is the devil itself. And now , i do not know if they realise it or not, they have transformed a monotheistic religion into a dual one black vs white; good vs evil; Good vs the Devil.
Devil is quite unexplainible. All we can say is that he tempts us to do wrong. or in other words we can say he is a picture of our dirty desires
When Adam and Eve ate from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, we all inherited the good inclination and the evil inclination. Since Satan can't be everywhere, it's our own good or evil inclination that we follow each day. We make a choice to do good or evil. It's up to all of us to become better people.
@theprogamer (10539)
You do bring up some good questions and points. I don't believe in the devil due to items similar to this. I could always be wrong, but I don't really care about. And yes, the religion is more dualtheistic due to the existence of a "light" God and a "dark" Satan. There are always opposing forces in nature, science, life and reality. I believe people thought there had to be a counterbalance in terms of religion. Not only that, look at what other purpose Satan and Hell serve. For those that don't obey God, or others that "aren't good enough", they'll be sent to Hell. Without it, is there really motivation to follow the word of God? Sure there are natural calamities attributed to God, but without the "opposing" afterlife, what else is there for those that aren't good enough? Purgatory? Oblivion? Non-existence? Even if these were completely real, the punishments are questionable. Humans could be just consciousness in this reality, but in the non-existence... humans won't really care (as they'll no longer exist).
Thank you for ! I really admire your opinion !
Hi, I don't think the Devil is as you described. He is not a horned bad guy. And also it was not the Church that gave him strength, in fact he has been around even before the birth of the Church. The Church was born only two thousand years back, but that guy has been active long before that. The Church just inherited the beliefs from previous people. Sorry to have disagree with you. Take care!
God created Satan. Satan has a purpose, and he can't be everywhere. He even appeared before God in Job's time asking permission to afflict Job. I think the so-called church invented a horned evil devil to bring fear into people's lives.
Let me continue your last phrase: "...to bring fear in people's lives" and...earn many more followers. I am begining to think that today's Church is one big propaganda. They forgot their purpose and their beliefs!!!
Study christian history...it's really interesting how the emperor Constatine in the year 325 common era mixed Judaism with paganism to creat a universal church. During the Council of Nicea all the bishops were gathered together (whether they were good bishops, or bishops that only served themselves for the money)and instructed to determine who Jesus was and and that time they decided to turn Jesus into God. God the father, God the son and God the holy spirit. That's the birth of the trinity. The trinity is never mentioned in the bible. Easter is actually a holiday the pagans used to worship a god by the name of Ishtar. Read Jeremiah Chapter 10....it talks about people going out into the forests, chopping down a tree and decorating it with silver and gold (the christmas tree). It says not to follow the ways of the pagans. What did we do? We followed the ways of the pagans.