The Law of the Garbage Truck

Have you heard of this one? If not.. then keep reading for I'm sure it'll make you happy:) [i]"How often do you let other people’s nonsense change your mood? Do you let a bad driver, rude waiter, curt boss, or an insensitive employee ruin your day? Unless you’re the Terminator, you’re probably set back on your heels. However, the mark of your success is how quickly you can refocus on what’s important in your life. When someone wants to dump on you, don’t take it personally. Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Believe me. You’ll be happier. So the odds are against you when a Garbage Truck comes your way. But when you follow The Law of the Garbage Truck™, you take back control of your life. You make room for the good by letting go of the bad."The best leaders know that they have to be ready for their next meeting... And the best sales people know that they have to be ready for their next client. All of us know that we have to be fully present, and at our best for the people we care about. The bottom line is that successful people do not let Garbage Trucks take over their lives. What about you? What would happen in your life, starting today, if you let more garbage trucks pass you by? Here’s my bet: You’ll be happier.[b]" -David J. Pollay [/b][/i]After reading this LAW, it made me realized that yeah, I have been like that before. Those garbage, from now on, I won't let any people to put theirs on mine or even I put mine on them. Instead, I am going to live a healthy life full of good memories.I will be more cautious in my actions. Let the good times roll. We all hate bad memories right? so it's better if we make good memories than have those old ones.
@SukiSmiles (1998)
I know what you mean. I remember being all grouchy and crabby for what ever reason one day (long ago). I just remember I was having a horrible day and it seemed that everyone was rude. I was taking on everyone else bad mood. Then a motorcyclist drove past me and smiled right at me. I just remember being surprised and I smiled. I felt so much better. So, I always try to remember that even though someone might be mean or rude to me, that maybe they're having a bad day and not to take it personally. I try to smile and greet everyone I meet, because you never know when it will pick up their day.
Yes that's it. Being sad or bitter about things will only result to not so pleasant happenings around you but if we will just smile, then we have to bid goodbye to our problems right? smile really makes a person's day. Thanks sukismiles! oh by the way, are you a Filipino? :)
Why, yes I am. :)
nothing. I just sensed it. :)
@coffeeshot (3786)
I have been holding onto bad feelings of people who have done me wrong. it really is crippling and this Garbage Truck Law is very helpful in pushing all of those bad thoughts to the side and moving on. If someone has put you down or done you wrong, the only way to let them win is to let it keep bothering you. I believe it is empowering to feel sorry for them and move on.
yes that would be the best thing to do. Throw them away the garbage they have so they'll never do it again haha
@mari61960 (4895)
I don't let other peoples garbage bog me down. I was always taught to ignore it and it will go away. If that doesn't work kill them with kindness...rude and obnoxious people hate that...lol I just think to myself...my, my don't you just have a big problem...too bad, so sad...ba bye now. It seems to work for me... I refuse to be sucked in to other's misery....I can make my own if I really want it..hahaha Brightest Blessings, Mari
that was a very nice attitude mari.. I think I must try that one also.. it would be a very effective thing to do. thanks for that :)
@lucy02 (5017)
Good advice! I tend to let people and things get me in a bad mood too and then that sets the tone for the whole day. I am going to try to follow this advice. So many of us carry around emotional baggage from bad dealings with people with just expect it from everyone.
yes. If only more people will learn from this law, then maybe our world will be a more better place to live. No more emotional baggage on our backs.. only pure happiness seen on our lips. :)