I'm back online!!! LOL

@icyorchid (2564)
Well, I have been offline since about 1:30 and I finally got back!Cable and internet came back on about 4:30 or so and I still couldn't get on the internet The internet was extremely slow for high speed. lol I could only access Yahoo and I couldn't get my mail in OE. Anyway I called and the lady helped me out and now I am back up and running fast! WOO HOO I hope I don't have to go through this again tomorrow! I talked to the billing dept and got $4.35 credited to me, as I had problems for a total of 6 hours including yesterday.
@aretha (2539)
WOW! i'm really surprised they gave you credit. i had problems for weeks with mine in oklahoma and they gave us nothing. ya know its funny cuz i am mainly on early morning and at night but i would miss it of i had to go all day without it. i guess just the thought of having it just in case i get a chance to get on. hope it stays on for ya from now on.
@icyorchid (2564)
I told the rep that I wanted to talk to someone about crediting my account as I was very unhappy with the service I have received for the past 2 days. Now she credited me and I spoke with a tech who helped me with the connection problem and then I got a phone call asking me if my cable/internet was back on and I was informed that it may happen again, because there is a broken entergy (electricity) pole that needs to be fixed and when the wind blows, it is sending their equipment to go down I pray I won't have the problem tomorrow.
@aretha (2539)
did they say how long they where going to take fixing it. if they know its broke they shoyld have someone out fixing it. today is the third day and people are paying for it. hope they have it fixed soon.
@Darkwing (21588)
Welcome back, my friend. I hate when something like that happens... I get so frustrated, but you seem to have handled it efficiently and satisfactorily, for you are back at high speed, and with compensation in hand. Well done, and Brightest Blessings.
@icyorchid (2564)
Thank you Darkwing
@Darkwing (21588)
You're more than welcome, my friend.
@Rosekitty (19443)
• San Marcos, Texas
Glad you got back on and hopefully it stays that way for you..whoohoo..love those credits! Most people don't think about asking..I'm glad you do cause they either will or not and it doesn't hurt to ask right ?
@icyorchid (2564)
That's right Rose. I will not pay for something I am not using, so if they are having a problem for 3 hours, that's 3 hours I have no TV and no internet, so why pay for it
@stephcjh (32328)
I'm glad you are able to get back online. that would have got on my last nerve. The internet is acting very weird today. I have dialup and my mailbox has an error code in it. My sister has high speed and she says hers is slow too.
@icyorchid (2564)
If you had an outage recently, that is the reason for it and you should call and report it. That is what happened to me. Good Luck
@littleowl (7157)
hi icy thats great-we will now be able to have some more of your interesting discussions-littleowl
@gemini_rose (16193)
I hate it when the internet goes off, we went through a stage of this happening a few weeks ago, and the internet would just go off for no reason and be off for a couple of hours at a time. I thought there was something wrong with my wireless connector and at one point nearly went out and bought a new one! But luckily we found out it was the internet supplier that had the problem and not us.
@FiveZhuo (156)
it often happens with me, sometime i just restart my computer and reconnect,then fine.i will try to ask the credit next time.LOL
@wickedangel (1637)
• Dominican Republic
Oh well done icy. I had something similar happen to me some time ago. I was off line for 6 whole days. You can just imagine how I felt, gnashing teeth was the minimum and to top it all I didn't get any recompense whatsoever. That's the problem when living in the DR :( And you just never know when it will go down next because go down it will most certainly do some time in the future!
@cheenlly (3483)
hehehe welcome back! lol.. me i'm back online after couple of months of unseen here like i was on and off. I'm also glad that i am back online and start participating again here. Cheers! happy mylotting!
it often happens in india but ur not credited for the time the service is outoforder