Should I ask for it back?

I love mens body wash - Should I ask for it back?
I bought my man toy two bottles of body wash. One from bath and body works. The other from I think walmart. Either way I have not smelled that he used them. One is sitting on the table in his room. The other I am sure is stuck in his closet. I am feeling like he does not like them. That he should have told me this when I bought them. My friend said to just use them when i go to his house. But I know he is not going to want me smelling like a man. I want to ask him for them and not get into a fight. We don't argue or fight. But If he is wasting my money we may start. Thanks
@Guardian208 (1095)
Hi giftsandbags, I have to admit that my first thought was "You bought him body wash? Did you put lace pillow cases on his bed too?" Lol! I'm trying to be funny. I don't use body wash and I probably would not use it either. Does he use body wash usually? Or is he a bar soap guy? My wife once bought me this beautiful ring for Christmas. Why she bought it for me I don't know. I am NOT a jewelry guy. I struggle to wear my wedding band. But she liked it and bought it for me. Talk about a lose-lose situation! I thanked her for it in a big way, Then it found its way into my drawer and I didn't wear it. Surprisingly she noticed. Go figure. Lose #1! When she did ask me about it, I reminded her that wearing my wedding ring is really a challenge for me since I really don't like jewelry. Lose #2! She was very hurt that I wouldn't wear it for her since she went to all the trouble to pick it out and give it to me. I tried to wear it but it just didn't work out. Maybe your guy is in the same spot I was in. (My ring is now at the bottom of her jewelry box. I think she takes it out and looks at it when she is feeling unappreciated.)
Yes all I seen him use were bars of soap. I am glad your responded. I will talk to him about it tonight. I want it back if he is not a body wash man. Thanks so much.
My wife tried to get me to use a loufa once too. Lol.
Guardian208, I am glad that you were here to add the man's point of view.... I think that some men like washes and others like bars and others could care less as long as it gets the job done but I do not think that most men really care for soaps. Your humor here was appreciated.
this is just my opinion but I think it would be a little chintzy to ask for them back and would probably escalate into a little war. better to just forget it and ask him if he liked your gift He would have to say something on the subject and then you would know his preferences and not waste money on stuff he does not like.Maybe he is one not into body washes. I love them myself but I am sure there are those who do not and anyway guys are so unpredictablewhen it comes to something like that.
Your so right about this.. I am thinking back and I see him using the bar soaps a lot. I will not be buying him anything in the future. thanks
@twoods90 (185)
If they didnt cost that much then i wouldnt worry about it..but if it did then ya it wouldnt be that bad to ask if he is going to use them and if not if u could have them back..u used ur money to buy it for him and if he not gonna use it then it shouldnt be a problem in getting it back
He said he is going to use them. I had to explain to him I was hurt that he did not care about my gifts. Thanks
@Polly1 (12648)
I would just ask him if he likes them, I would also tell him that you like the scent of them. Maybe he will get the hint. I wouldn't buy him anymore, that stuff cost money. If they are brand new and he hasn't used them at all, maybe you can take them back to the store and get your money back.
I was thinking of just letting him know how bad I feel. That I took the kindness of my heart to buy him something and he just leaves it there. That way I can get the bothering mess off my mind. He was mad when he called last night. Because I did not call him. I just shut down at times when I am upset about things. Thank you
@KKKBsmom (1093)
i kinda feel... you gave them to him as a gift... what he does with them is up to him... they are not yours anymore... why start a fight over little things like this....I don't think that is worth it.... kwim?
@makingpots (11922)
Don't get mad at him. Just ask him what he thinks of them. Don't take them back, that wouldn't be right unless he asked you to. I know that my husband would not use them because he is just a soap kind of man. That may be the case with your guy too. Just learn from this and move on.
I won't get mad with him. I was thinking he was ungrateful. I am seeing it differently now. I do have to talk to him about it because it hurt my feelings.
@TerryZ (22083)
Well if you guys dont fight then I would ask him if likes the body wash you got him. Some men dont like using body wash.LOL I dont think its right to ask for it back it was a gift.LOL
If he says he does not like them. He plans to not use them either. I would still be wrong to take them back?? Thanks very much
@carpenter5 (6786)
I have been married for 21 years. I leraned a long time ago to let him choose his own toiletries. Saves a lot of frustration on both of our parts. Sometimes he will ask for my opinion and then I give it to him. He is very definate about what he likes and does not like. The flowery smells of bath and body works...even the male fragrances are not his cup of tea. Does he not also object to being called a man toy? That is really sexist dear.
Now I am feeling he may not like body wash he has not expressed this to me though. he does not have a problem with many toy either. He just has a problem with me calling him sexy. he feels he is just an ordinary guy. I would like for you to explain why I am am sexist by calling him this. Thanks very much
@skinnychick (6907)
I would actually not take them back. Let him have them. Just don't buy anything else for him until he starts being a little grateful!
My sister and best friend said the same thing. I feel I have to agree with all of you. Thanks very much for this.
@twoey68 (13651)
I wouldn't ask for it back but I wouldn't bother buying him anything anymore...if he mentions it, tell him. **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@winterose (39918)
I don't think you should ask for them back, it is not classy, but you can ask him if he is ever going to use them because you bought them because you care about him and so on.
hm..some tough spot you're in.if you don't ask for them back it will keep nagging you for sometime and if you do ask him he might take it as an offence!what i suggest here is to drop in there sometime casually asking him about the body wash and pick up teh bottl;e and exclaim aloud that 'my you haven't used it?'i think this should do the trick and then without making it obvious ask him that he likes them because in case he doesn't you might just want to use them.
@minnie_98214 (10573)
I would just let it go. Doesnt seem worth a fight to me. I wouldnt buy him anymore but I wouldnt want to start a fight over it. But I dont like fights at all.
@jesbellaine (4157)
Well, you already gave it to your man so you really don't have to take it back. Maybe, you can just ask him why he hasn't use the body wash that you have given to him. I don't think he will get mad or anything, maybe he has a reason or something. Just hear him out first.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I would ask im nicely, if he liked them. Tell him that if he doesn't, that is ok, you can return them. It may be that he is finishing up using what he is already using first.
hi, well lets put it in a more honest manner. you did but him the wash with clear and nice intensions of buying him something. now whether he uses it or not is really his wish dont you think so? well if you do feel you have wasted money which i feel is wrong next time do not buy him any gifts without his approval on them. i do agree on how you feel that it a waste of money but at the same time your intension of giving him a gift was a gesture.
@saundyl (9690)
If it was me...I would ask if he liked the scents. If he says he does then ask why he hasnt used them yet...It could be as simple as he likes them alot and wants to save them for special occasions (i do that) OR he hasnt finished the bottle of whatever he was using first and doenst wish to have two types open in the shower at once. I know i do both of those If he doesnt like the scents...offer to return them and maybe go shopping with him for new scents he likes or ask what scent he does like...it might just be he really likes whatever type hes using now.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I would start a conversation on the way he smells and tell him you have noticed that he does not smell like the body scents you have bought him. Ask him if he doesn't like them, and if he says yes ask him why. Let him know that you are in no way jumping his case but that you just wanted to know why he doesn't use them. Ask him if he would mind you taking them back and using them for yourself or giving them to another man that might want to use them. Also suggest what I read another poster write, go with him. Let him pick what he wants out whether that be his favorite scent or something else of it's liking.
@sedel1027 (17854)
I wouldn't ask for them back, but I would ask him if he is enjoying using them. Why can't you use them? I use my hubby's soap sometimes, they really don't care
I would out right ask him. you can spend your money on things he does like and explain that to him. Not everyone wants to smell like anything other then human. Or you might tell him that it turns you on to smell that particular smell. Some men need a push in that direction.