What is the criteria for a discussion to be in Today's Hot?

@subha12 (18462)
I have seen many discussion in the today's hot section. I am here for more than a year. very rarely i have got my discussion there. But i just want to know what is the criteria that the discussion is there? I have also seen that in this section the positions of the discussions are also static. any idea is welcome.
@stephcjh (32385)
I'm not sure what it takes to get there really. I have started some discussions that got alot of responses and alot of replies to it but they never made it to the hot section. I guess it all depends on the rating and the responses we get from others. I don't start a whole lot of discussions either, but I have made the hot section a couple of times also.
@plumwish07 (4060)
in my experience, the discussion being hot topics if you received so many responses within your discussion. thats called "hot" discussion. i oftenly get my discussion in hot discussion section rather than in mylot digest but so far, there is no discussion of mine ever be in today top discussion. i just wonder what criteria of discussion being today's top discussion cause i see even has not many response, the discussion able to be in today's top discussion. any ideas about this kind thing dear?
@Modestah (11195)
That is quite the mystery isn't it? I do not think it is to do solely with the number of responses - as sometimes there are discussions with only 6 responses that are showing up on the hot topics list. is it the topic and not the particular discussion that is hot? or perhaps it has to do with how many page views that occurred - so how many are reading the discussion even if they are not responding. I have no clue... I hope that your discussions will soon be joining others in that sought after list.
@winterose (39931)
you know I always wanted to know that myself, I have no idea between hot topics and top discussions, I was thinking that they both needed to be discussions that had a lot of responses, perhaps hot is more controversial but I really don't know.
@myanime (434)
Maybe if you are the highest numbers of response in a certain interst.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
i wish I knew the critera myself. I have been in here since 2006 and I have never once had a discussion in the hot section.
@arjun999 (1005)
I think i depends on the number of responses you get on a particular day.
i feel it is more to do with the number of responses you get and also the kind of responses you get.And,it's also to do with the kind of time you get those responses.the rest is your luck plainly!but i'm extremely happy with the kind of response i get from my lot,its only 3 days that i have written to discussions and i got $3 in my account already!