His and Hers

@Modestah (11192)
If you come from a different town/state or even country than your spouse... Did you have your wedding at his place or hers? or did you wed someplace completely different than where either of you resided? I think it is custom in my country that the wedding take place at the wife's area. When we got married the priest had to contact the priest of my parish to receive permission to wed us. Did you marry at the grooms church or the brides? (or the grooms civil servant or the brides - for those who did not have a church wedding)
@twoey68 (13651)
Actually we both came from the same state but different parts. We got married where we live which is by my family and that was fine b/c his family doesn't like me much anyways. **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@mummymo (23707)
Well my partner and I are not married but we have been engaged for more than 10 years! lol We are from different area and I think if and when we do get married it will be in my home town, not just because I have a bigger family and we have more friends herebut because that is where we have made our home! I think here there isn't really a tradition for these things it is more down to personal decisions! xxx
@checapricorn (16066)
In our case, in my hubby's place...We had civil wedding attended only by few friends and family!
@KarenO52 (2951)
I met my husband in Chicago, where I was born and raised. He was going to school there when we were introduced by mutual friends. We had a quickie marriage in City Hall, and then moved to Ohio where he's from. We were so poor back then that we had to live with my in-laws for a year, until we had enough money for our own place. It's hard for me to believe, but we've been together for 36 years now. I never liked the idea of weddings or marriage, for me, but here I am.