Do you know how to pose?

Guangzhou, China
Frankly, I don't know how to make a good pose. I am very awkward in this aspect. Usually I will make a smile and that's all I prefer to take photos for others
@munhozmib (3777)
• Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hello, Youless! No, I do not know how to pose! If I laugh, it is too fake. If I stand still, I become too ugly in the picture (I am ugly in person, imagine in pic!). If I try to make a pose, it looks like I am just faking to be the good guy, while I am not. I sincerely don't know what face to do. This is why I like others to take pictures of me when I'm distracted. It looks more natural. Respectfully, Munhozmib.
You made me laugh. I like your honesty
@munhozmib (3777)
• Sao Paulo, Brazil
Thanks!
@mnsrwt123 (2059)
Ohh, if you don't know how to post then you are just same to me...hehehe i also don't like to be in pose and not even like to be in the photo...lol
Perhaps this is why we use our child's photo as the avatar
@mnsrwt123 (2059)
ahan!!! its not my child's photo YOULESS,,,,
@rosebud11 (190)
It might be the actress within me, but I love posing for the camera! My mother always taught me to suck in belly, stand straight and keep my face relaxed; I still follow this advice!
You can consider to be a super model
i don't either. that's why i don't like anyone taking my pictures....except they pay me for that
I think your avatar is your photo It's a good idea that others pay for you and so that they can take photos for you. That's call model
@lucy02 (5017)
I don't come out well in photos either. My smiles always looked fake. Most of the time the photographer will try to get me to smile more. When I do it always looks forced.
I think you are just so modest
@subha12 (18462)
i think i am also like you. i am fool in this case. i am always camera shy. i also have no idea how to pose.
Don't worry, you look better than you expect
@ahgong (10086)
Just smile loh... that is the most natural thing to do. Once in a while, it is nice to just kid around when posing for the camera. Like a look of surprise. Or a look of amazement. Or a look of shock. Be expressive. Be fun. When you review the pictures, it would be so much more fun than just seeing the standard look-at-camera-and-smile poses.
You are right. Having a smile may be the best look
@swirlz (3138)
Oh, I'm not good too in posing. I look really awkward. And besides, I feel uncomfortable when I pose in front of the photographer. hehe. And I really hate it when my friends want to do the wacky shot. Argh! I don't know how to pose, what more a wacky one. I always end up making a peace sign. That's my wacky shot. lol. These days I'm playing with my camera to get lots of choices, and maybe to ward off the awkwardness. hehe. So far, I like a picture of me flipping my hair. But then, I can hardly see my face, maybe that's why. lol. I guess practice makes perfect. Or at least, better.
You are quite right
it's easy for girls to make poses.they may use their hands,legs and body to express many kinds of aspects but for our men we prefer to be like a gentle and classic sometimes.
I don't think that girls will make poses easier, at least I am the exception
@xialinye (1403)
naturally pose...that'll show your inner beauty,you know...just not like the model...i don't think they are beautiful..although they are gorgeous,looking from outside.... maybe you can image there's no photo around you,just show some naturally pose... i hope this advice can help you
That's a very simple but great suggestion
@ayou82 (3460)
I love to do a lot of different pose in my pictures i always love to see myself in different angle.
You have the potential to be a super model
@kbourgerie (8775)
I hate having my picture taken and I always feel awkward when I have to pose and smile. It always seems like the person taking the picture takes forever to get the shot and there you are standing uncomfortably with a fake smile pasted on your face. Not to mention, I hate the results. I am not photogenic in the least.
I also have to force to smile when I am taken a photo
@trickiwoo (2703)
There are some tips you can do to pose better for photographs! First of all, don't face straight ahead at the camera. This is the most unflattering angle to be photographed from. This is also the way driver's license, passport, ID photos, etc. are taken and that is the main reason so many people hate the way they look on their ID! You will want to turn your head slightly at an angle. This way your head will look more normal and won't look so wide and flat. But remember, with your face pointed away from the camera, you still want to look directly into the lens of the camera or look at the person taking your photo. Additionally, if you keep your head absolutely straight, it will just bring out all of your features that are not symmetrical. So you will want to tilt your head just slightly to make your facial features look more balanced. Also, you don't want to point your head down... this can give you a "double chin" look. You will want to lift your head up a bit... but not too much so that we can see up your nose! Next, relax! If you're feeling nervous and awkward, you'll look nervous and awkward in the photo! Try and take your mind off having your picture taken and think about something that makes you happy. You do want to smile, but you don't need a big goofy grin. A small, subtle smile can go a long way! Hopefully that will help! Remember: turn you head slightly away from the camera, tilt your head at a slight angle, lift your chin up slightly, relax and smile! This may be awkward at first, so you might want to try practicing in front of a mirror a few times. Get it down so that it comes naturally whenever someone points a camera at you!
Thanks a lot for your detailed secrets for pose. We are all beneficial from it
Well, depends on what kind of pictures I am taking. Actually I can pose but it solely depends on who is taking my pictures. I can't pose in front of people who don't know how to take pictures. One of my friends is really good and I love being taken pictures by him, and actually the photos turn out really great and professional!
I wonder whether this avatar is from your photo. It's just a very nice photo.
@bobmnu (8160)
Children with their Aunt - In this photo you see an Aunt with her two nieces looking at a picture. All appear to be relaxed and Natural. They were not expecting to have their photo taken
A good photographer can make you feel relaxed and look natural. Others will wait and catch you off guard and get a very natural looking photo. If you can take the photo when they are engaged you can get a more natural looking photo. There are no harsh line in the faces or a forced smile..
But it is hard to meet a good photographer
@sanzi1201 (645)
I couldn't make different pose too.I just simle or stand there rightly! Recently,I desired to buy a camera canon A570.Athough it has depriciated a lot .A suit of camara is just about 1,600RMB,but I don't know where to buy it. I want to buy it at the internet web,it's cheaper than buying it at esse store,but I can't ensure the quality.So,I still have no camera now.I can just take photographes with my handset.
You can check Taobao. There are so nice stores there to sell camera and some of them have the real stores. You can go there to buy it in person.
@roniroxas (10576)
well i think this are the things that you have to practise to make perfect. just like the contestants on tyra banks' the next americas top model. not all of them are good on posing and some also feel awkward. i am a singer and when i was just starting it is really hard to pose a picture where you have to say on the picture that i am having fun with my band. or something about telling the people that will look at the picture that i am a good singer. first you have to be really trusting yourself, you have to feel good and you have to be practising a good smile in front of the mirror.
I love watching America's Next Top Model. I thought I would be out at the beginning if I joined it When we took our wedding photos, I already gave the photographer a lot of headaches
• Nigeria
How ever u can poss is your best. So don't bother yourself about that ok
Thanks for your response.