How Many Times Have You Been To An Old Drive In Theatre?

My Family And I Used To Go All The Time. Kids Could Run Around And Play, Lover's Could Fog Up The Windows And Everybody Just Had A Good Ole Time! I Can Remember When Jaws Came Out And We Went And Seen It With The 3d Glasses. Sooo Much Fun. How Many Times Have You Been?
@rhettaa (214)
My best friend in high school (who was male) and I used to go almost every weekend in the summer. It was a little frustrating because we were totally platonic and all these other couples were making out. I really don't know why we were so platonic, but that's another story. Anyway, I think I saw every Hell's Angel made in the late 60's (The heyday of Hell's Angel's movies) my senior year of high school. I know we saw other movies, too, because the biker movies were 2nd features. But it's the biker movies I remember.
@sizzle3000 (3040)
I have not been to a drive in theatre for over two years. We had two in our area for a while. The one let you take your own food in. They also had a place for the kids to play as well. We would go there because they would usually show one pg movie first and the second movie was an r movie. This means there was something for every one in the family to watch. I also liked to go to the special showings. They would have one day a year where you could go see three or four movies for the same price. It was a lot of fun for the whole family. Now we only have one drive in left. It shows mostly horror movies. They do not let you take your own food or drink in. The cost of a hot dog is five dollars. I think if we have to buy there food they should make it alittle more afordable. This show costs as much as if you would go to a theatre so you really are not saving anything. The bathrooms are terrible as well. For someone who used to love going to drive ins I will no longer go. If they are going to charge as much as a theatre they should at least have decent bathrooms.
@mollyrose (415)
Sadly its been years since I have been to a drive-in i miss it. I remember we would bring sandwiches and pop and chips and would sit out on blankets on the ground. It was pretty good and you got to see two movies and sometimes four for a very cheap price. I actually preferred going there instead of the movie theaters.
@rpegan (598)
Unfortunately, most of my generation has not had a chance to experience drive-in theaters. There are two old drive-ins in my family's home town, but both of them closed down a long time before I was born.
I used to go almost every week in the summer when I was a kid. It was a great place to take families because the kids could be noisy and not have to worry about disturbing others who might be trying to watch the movie. You could also bring babies, too, something that most people didn't do with theaters. They've closed all but one or two drive ins in our county. I haven't been to one since the movie Fire in the Sky came out and that was at least 15 years ago. I also saw a lot of those Rambo and Police Academy movies, too, at the Drive In.