Diet-Friendly TV Snacks

@icyorchid (2564)
Don’t let the post-strike return of your favorite shows derail your diet. Mindless munching in front of the television can make it easy to inhale a whole bag of chips or tub of Ben & Jerry’s before the second commercial break. But I’m not trying to convince you to indulge in an episode of "Gossip Girl" without a little edible indulgence, too — just make it a portion-controlled treat. One way to do this is to have a special “OK” shelf in the fridge or cabinet and stay away from the more damaging edibles — like the Wheat Thins and Brie that I keep for special occasions and mindful — not mindless — eating! Fix yourself one of these 150-calorie bites to enjoy your snack without a side of guilt. For More, Please read: http://health.yahoo.com/experts/healthieryou/1840/diet-friendly-tv-snacks/ I usually have a piece of fruit, yogurt or juice pop. Sometimes popcorn if I am watching a movie and have been very good on my diet which I am doing very good with staying away from fatty foods
@Fishmomma (11504)
Try chewing gum, as that is what they are doing on The Biggest Loser. It keeps your mouth busy, so your not eating more calories. I will admit its not easy to stop eating when its so tasty.
@icyorchid (2564)
LOL I can't chew gum, so that won't do it for me
@Rosekitty (19443)
• San Marcos, Texas
Icy..I try to just drink water when i watch tv..so I won't just sit...potty breaks get me off the couch and gives me a bit of an exercise LOL...Now if i do have the munchies..I will look for some yogurt or juice. Doesn't help by being here and trying to keep on the posting quota LOL..
@icyorchid (2564)
I went and got me some water last niight. I am really trying here
Thanks for the tips! Sometimes when I'm bored I sit around and watch tv all day and convince myself I'm hungry and all I do is eat. Reguardless that I am dieting at the moment. I usually buy those 100 calorie packs they are actually delicious. And also the baked chips, especially the pringles. These snacks save me sometimes.
@icyorchid (2564)
I am on a 1400 Calorie a day diet, and I can't get on where near there, so hopefully I am loosing...I have changed the way I eat for a week now. You're welcome for the tips Have a great day and Healthy Eating!
@stephcjh (32328)
I am very glad to hear that you are doing well on your diet. It is so hard for me to lose weight anymore. I am constantly snacking around on something but I try to stay busy and work some of it off. I have gained a little bit of weight over the last few years. I think I am mainly feeding my nerves. I love to eat fruit but it is very expensive. I have to make sure that my family has meals to eat right now.
@wickedangel (1637)
• Dominican Republic
Icy, thanks for sharing this with us, just sitting in front of the tv doing nothing but watching it doesn't burn any calories so enjoying a slight snack will just add to a problem of putting on weight! You burn more calories going to sleep.. Hard to believe huh, but you are right having a bit of fruit is so good for you. Keep it up and stay away from those fatty foods. Good luck!