Done anything stupid lately?

We just got a new elliptical trainer, not even a week old yet. To make the electonics on it opperational you have to put 4 "D" batteries in it or you are supposed to call and order the adapter for it. Well we have lots of adapters around here, so I tried a few. Until I tried the last one, it made a funny sound and then I heard a POP! Great I thought I broke it and my hubby hasn't even used it yet. I'm going to be in huge trouble. So I call the co. and they are graciously send me the new control panel, but it won't be here for 2-3 weeks probably. They are only charging me for shipping, how incredibly nice of them! And they are shipping the appropriate adapter. I hope the elliptical will work properly when I get the new part hooked up. I just can't believe I did that and now I have to wait until the parts come in. It just makes me sick to my stomach. Can you beat that?
@gtargirl (5385)
Well, when I was young (around 20 or 21) I bought a brand new car. A firey red Fiero. Remember those sporty cars. I washed it with one of those steely brillo pads. Does that count as stupid? LOL. Had a million scratches on my new car. Don't know what I was thinking?
oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no...what a terrible thing...especially on a Fiero. I'd say that takes the cake! Wow
@gtargirl (5385)
I know, I know. I am going to have to hang around and see if I can give away the "That takes the cake" award. Hehehehe.
Not sure if it beats it... I work in a cafe with two floors. Our cappuccino machine is practically at the bottom of the stairs. The water for the tea comes out at virtually 100 degrees C. I poured myself a cup of herbal tea and walked up the stairs. Got to the top and took a big mouthful of scalding hot... It was the space of about 3 seconds between the water coming out of the machine and entering my gaping mouth. I couldn't taste anything for weeks! And needless to say the tea ended up all over the floor... I'm sure I can come up with plenty of other stupid things... I do stupid things all the time.
That would be aweful and one you'll never forget that's for sure. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who does stupid stuff. Thanks for responding.