Michael: In coma at 12, wakes at age 22 - what will he do?

@coffeebreak (17820)
Okay, so they are writting the Michael character out for awhile. We all know he'll be back (why is he leaving? Them or him?) I thought the character was near pivitol as he combined 2 families, had the corner on the kid/parent thing, could have done so much with him growing up on the show.. but oh well... anyway, they at least aren't killing him off, although in Soap World, it wouldn't matter if they did, they always come back from the dead. So, Since they are "freezing" the character of Michael for awhile, how do you think they will "bring him back"? Yeah, they will have him in coma for awhile - a year maybe 2 (of ours, not theirs!) he goes under at age 12, comes out at age 22 or something - we all know how quickly people "age" on soaps! ! But when he does come back...what will the story be? Will he come back and be so angry that he'll make sure he over takes Sonny and carries on with the "business" and be a bad guy? Will he not remember a single thing and have to build a new life of his own choosing? (that'd be boring!) Or, will they "reinact" the Jason thing about him loosing his memory and all and have Michael wake and remember up until he found out he is Quartermaine blood and nothing after that and decide to be a Quartermaine instead of a Corinthos? Just pull a 180* on everyone like Jason did? That's be my choice..Not only would it be a good storyline, but they need to somehow keep the Q's going. They wrote Alan and Monica off so horribly and Tracy and Edward are al that is left and they aren't doing anything. I like Luke and Tracy together, but they are boring now - they just didnt' do anything with the couple. What do ya'll think? What would be your choice for this storyline when it happens?
@spoiled311 (5502)
oh haha i did not understand the title. anyway, so sorry i am not familiar with this soap because it is not being aired in our country. but honestly. i hate it when shows just kill a person for some reason. i think it is forced/ anyway, good day to you! :)
[b]Or, will they "reinact" the Jason thing about him loosing his memory and all and have Michael wake and remember up until he found out he is Quartermaine blood and nothing after that and decide to be a Quartermaine instead of a Corinthos? Just pull a 180* on everyone like Jason did? [/b]I could not have said it better. You thought of what never came to my mind. I agree with the above statement.
@coffeebreak (17820)
I'd like to see that as I'd hate to see the Q's fade into the Soapy Sunset. they were a good family. Had alot of fun and excitment through the years! Bring some long lost blood to the family (no, not Jimmy Lee Holt!.....but then again, why not?) and have Michael turn the Q's into the power house they used to be!
@Trace86 (5034)
Or, will they "reinact" the Jason thing about him loosing his memory and all and have Michael wake and remember up until he found out he is Quartermaine blood and nothing after that and decide to be a Quartermaine instead of a Corinthos? Just pull a 180* on everyone like Jason did? That would be total poetic justice! After all, Jason started out Quartermaine and turned Corinthos. I hope they don't wait too long to bring the rapidly aged boy back. Do you think they will keep him a teen, 17ish, or go all the way to 20-something? I have been so disgusted with Michael's character for some time now and sure will enjoy the break from his brattiness. Dylan Cash did the best he could with the material he was given. I hope he gets another shot on another show, not necessarily a soap, in the near future.
@coffeebreak (17820)
I didn't have a problem with Michael - poor kid was pulled so many ways by so many people for so many different reasons, he didn't know whether he was coming or going and just tried to mind everyone, satisfy everyone and be a good kid. Just to many things against him for that to happen. The actor was very good tho. Anyone know why he left - his choice or the shows? Ageing and soaps..."fast aging" is a slow way of puting it! Thing is, they make the kids age so fast, but the parents are still same ages and it is sometimes hard to connect this kid with his parent and they dont' look to far apart in age, but are supposed to be!! If Michael comes back in 2 of our years as age 20 - Carly and the rest aren't going to look 8-10 years older! thats the funny part!
@Liasonfan (1702)
Here here! I keep remembering when Jed Allen played Edward Q. He was only 3 years older than Alan! THAT was just ridiculous!
@cortjo73 (6500)
Bravo! Good question! So, since I can't stand that kid, I am glad he will be leaving and really hope they age him to a 20 something when he comes back. And, I like the idea of him not remembering anything from his "Corinthos Years" and changing in the opposite direction. Becoming an upstanding Q. Someone who does good things in life. That would be a really welcome change on GH since, it seems, everyone has bad in them somewhere in PC. That would be so fun to watch. Basically, the opposite of Jason. Is Monica totally off the show now? Or, is she just in rehab? I don't remember hearing or reading anything about her being off the show. I guess she isn't definitely off since she can always come back later down the road after rehab. I wish Emily would just stop showing up. I hope she is gone for good now. I really can't stand her. But, Allan...that was crud. So, another Q would be fun. Someone to actually bring back the good to the Q name. And, not in the wishy washy annoying Emily way! LOL! An older well-behaved Michael would please me. I really dislike his character now. His disrespectful ways and, I don't like the actor either. Great question! Thank you for jump-starting my brain today! LOL!
@coffeebreak (17820)
It's fun to think about this one, isn't it? What a world of options! I never had a problem with Michael - other than felt sorry for him because he was pulled so many ways by so many people, poor kid, didn't know whether he was coming or going. IT's all in how he was raised. But yes, definately bring back the Quartermaines. I didn't care for Emily either, or her ghost! But Alan - that is just comical and I enjoy him telling Tracy how the cow ate the cabbage and her defending herself so pathetically. that is alot of fun...wish they'd do more with that! Haven't heard antying about Leslie Charlston coming or going. But like you said, in rehab for a few months ----- anything could happen later! Might write her out for the same reason they did Alan (said it was to cut budget) and have her just stay where she is as a doctor once she is "better". That way she'd be ablet o show up from time to time in PC.
@cortjo73 (6500)
Thank you for the best response!
This is why I do not watch soaps, they make less sense than my Marvel Comic Books. Do what Y&R and B&B do, bring in new characters and keep reinventing the show, actually most of the long running soaps are smart and they know to just keep writing in new characters and changing the storyline around from time-to-time.
@coffeebreak (17820)
Yeah Y&R do have long running characters. i love Jack! I didn't care much for him as Cliff on AMC tho. And think about it...Marvel Comics .... Soap Opera characters and stories...not to much a differece!!
@Liasonfan (1702)
Wow--this is the second time in 2 days, that I have read about the 'Mikey waking up as a Quartermaine' thing. Jason would be the first to understand and accept and it truly would be the ultimate GH twist of fate. Personally, I am hoping they are putting him 'on ice' until he is older and also Jake, so the 2 of them can take over as heirs for the Quartermaines, with their own sets of battles and angst to overcome. The new era of GH! Looking forward to it!
@coffeebreak (17820)
You bet it'll be fun! Jake and Michael are Q's, ergo the "new Jason and AJ". Think they'll get along or fight like their daddy's did? Then they could have Kristina and Morgan - Sonny's bio kids - take over the Corinthos business and hello new Port Charles!
@ebsharer (5518)
I hope to see him come back and make Sonny pay for every thing he has done. I hope he puts Sonny in his place. Telling HIM what to do. I see him coming back in 3 or 4 years (our time). When they do bring him back Kristina, Molly, and Morgan will have aged too. Bringing them all in around the same time will bring in all new story lines. Maybe Kristina will be the one to bring Michael back to "life". That could be a great story line.
@coffeebreak (17820)
You might have something there - with Alexis looking for a 'Safe" place for her kids - is that character looking to not continue? But yeah, have those kids all come back, all related and rule Port Charles! The girls defend Sonny, the boys against or one of each for the two sides. That'd be good storylines! Throw in Spencer and Jake and Cam and looks like we have a "population" in town!