Worth my time or no? Need some advice plz

Ok I need some advice people.. I have this friend or so I think and he claims we are friends.. OK? Well the other night we were chit chatting to each other and he started comparing me to his EX wife, I thought to myself that isn't right.. He says he don't want to let anyone in but yet wants me to beg to him to do so.. That's not fair is it? He also seems to now have a problem of my age being that I am 28 and he's 42.. I am not understanding any of this.. A friend told me that he has trust issues could that be it or is there more to this than just that? What is your oppion on this I'd really like to know if I am just wasting my time with this person.....
@tessah (6621)
hes doing little things..making comments.. that are intended to annoy and tick you off.. think about it. why would someone behave this way? it hasnt anything to do with trust issues.. hes trying to end it, without being the bad guy. if you get ticked off and say bah bye.. he gets to say you were non-understanding and unsupportive and kicked him to the curb for no reason. whichd also be a good ploy to lay this story onto another woman as a come on so shed stroke his ego some more, tell him hes such the poor darling to be so mistreated blahblahblah yeah.. i think yer wasting yer time.
thank you for your reply... That is my thought as well but yet he PM's me when he comes on we talk maybe 3 minutes than he bails on me.. I don't mean jumps off line just doesn't say anything.. I don't have any problems with him wanting to talk to other people cause I do the same thing.. This is a chat that you talk to anyone all over the world.. He claims he has no friends there I am so called the "only one".. If he treats me like this, I can really only imagine how he does other people.. I guess I am not the type of person to just say good bye and kick someone.. That's just not me.. People do say be more tougher than normal but for some reason I can't.. I am not a mean person.. But always told I am just to nice..
@tessah (6621)
people confuse being mean with having self respect. or thinking it is rude to speak up for yerself. theres nothing mean or rude about it. youre still a decent and nice person even if you do stand up for yourself. simply saying i wont tolerate being treated badly.. is perfectly fine decent and respectable. now if you went out and destroyed someones vehicle or did other nasty things, THEN youd be mean and rude. considering the way hes acting.. it really isnt any wonder that he hasnt any friends.
@Feona1962 (7527)
He shouldn't be comparing you to anyone...He seems to have gotten into something he wants out of...and if you are just friends why is age an issue..Is he talking to you because he needs a friend to talk to or is he looking for something else...not sure about this person..
I know and I really haven't talked to him in a few days because of what he's doing and saying to me.. Your right he shouldn't be comparing me to anyone, Cause I am who I am and no one else.. Something I believe he needs to hear.. I know age shouldn't matter mainly in a friendship I have lots of friends that are well above my age.. As I did say though I wanted to become closer to him as a friend so he'd at least have someone to trust I mean talk too and know things he does talk about he isn't going to be put down for them.. Like any friend should be.. I know he's looking for more than a friend, I know that for a fact he's already told me that much.. Make two of us Feona I am not sure either! Thanks for your reply!!
@stephcjh (32327)
I don't see a problem with the age difference at all. I am 37 and my husband will be 52 this year. There is 15 years between us. He was married for almost 17 years before we met. He was in the Army and his wife cheated and married her new man. I think that you should give him a chance. Maybe he just has cold feet.