I'm an atheist and I thank God for it.

@deeeky (3669)
Edinburgh, Scotland
This is an unsual quote from George Bernard Shaw and I don't know if he was taking the mickey or not. Could anyone give me the point he was making?
@emeraldisle (13158)
Well Bernard Shaw did have a strange sense of humor at times. He often used irony to try and make a point. In this instance I think he was trying to show that God gave him the free will not to believe in him. That he was glad for that fact and that he was not restricted to any organized religion. I could be way off base with it. It could be he was just trying to be humorous and see what others would make of it.
@deeeky (3669)
• Edinburgh, Scotland
That is one good way of putting it. We are free to choose, and judging by the amount of religions that are around in the world there are many interpretations.
@emeraldisle (13158)
There are many different interpretations and many of them think they are the only correct one.
@deeeky (3669)
• Edinburgh, Scotland
MyLot reminds me of listening to the radio when there is a phone-in type of discussion on day to day topics. There has been people that have put thier point of view across and I have said to myself ' I never thought of it that way before '