Wearing Your Wedding Ring 4th Finger Right Hand or Left Hand ?

@eagle_f15 (2054)
Malaysia
Does it matter to you whether you wear your wedding ring on the 4th finger right hand or 4th finger left hand ? Many says for women it should be worn on the 4th finger left hand. My husband and I both wear it on our 4th finger right hand.
@sedel1027 (17874)
I have never seen a wedding ban put in the right 4th finger, well I have but in homosexual couples.
@zweeb82 (4373)
Ooh, I didn't know they wear wedding bans. That's something new. Thanks for the info
that is false...homosexual couples wear them on the left hand just like any couple.....
@eagle_f15 (2054)
Hmm.......actually it does not matter which finger the ring goes into. As long as it fits the intended finger and both couples are happy that's it.
@lkbooi (16113)
According to the Chinese tradition, woman should wear her wedding ring on the 4th finger of her right hand whereas the man on the same finger on the other hand. But both my husband and I don’t like to wear any ring so we kept our wedding rings in the locker since we came back from our honeymoon till now.
@eagle_f15 (2054)
My husband and I also don't like to wear any jewellery so the only jewellery we wear is our wedding ring. I don't even wear earrings...not even on my wedding day.
@lkbooi (16113)
We have the common dislike to wear any jewelry. Anyway I have a necklace for practical purpose. I use it for hanging my pair of glasses while I am taking food as I don’t like to take food with the glasses on. The steam from the hot food always makes them blurred.
@zweeb82 (4373)
Oh yes please, anyone? I find this to be a very intriguing discussion. In fact I was the one that initiated it that we wear our rings on our right hands. Why do we have to wear it on the left hand. Does it even have any meaning to it? Or is it just plaing following of tradition? Why not change?
@zweeb82 (4373)
Oh, you guys reply very fast. And I thought mine was gonna be the st post that's why I wrote what I wrote. Doesn't matter anyway, haha!~ Loving the responses.
we wear it on our left hand is cause our fourth finger has a direct vain to our heart
Wedding Ring - Wedding Ring is on the ring finger of the left hand.
If I wear wedding ring, I will wear it on my 4th finger of my left hand as this seems to be a tradition:) The left hand is closer to the heart compares to the right hand. This is why the wedding ring is on the left hand. I love China
@eagle_f15 (2054)
It is said that for woman to wear wedding ring on the 4th finger left hand. But then again it does not matter as long as the ring is in is fine.
@Madona1 (2097)
• Gibraltar
Hello there, I will wear my wedding ring 4th finger left hand as it is a typical traditional way that I had better follow rather than against it. Frankly, I don’t know the real reason, but I believe my husband would be upset as my marriage status could be unknown or unrecognized by the third party if I wore my wedding ring on the right hand. It is wise to follow the custom in this case. LOL
@eagle_f15 (2054)
yeah respect the head of your house is good. and that's your husband. As it does not matter whether to wear the ring on the left hand or right hand, and since your husband prefers it on your left, it is very wise of you to just follow his wishes to wear it on your left. My husband asked me to wear it on the right. So I wore it on the right. No significant or any religious thing he said it I obeyed that's all.
It was traditionally worn on the right hand, but Henry VIII in his break away from Rome, started the trend for it to be worn on the left hand instead and now it is generally always worn on the fourth finger of the left hand.
@zweeb82 (4373)
Oooh, this is very informative. Thanks Phaedra
@kykidd (6825)
I think Carroll O'Connor wore his on that hand. I'm not sure why. I guess a lot of people recognize it as a wedding ring on the left hand, but if it doesn't matter to you, it shouldn't matter to anyone else.
@zweeb82 (4373)
Agree!~ :) All smiles
@rsa101 (13350)
I think its on the left hand they usually wear the ring. I think the common reason is because of the heart is placed nearer on the left side of our body and many says that there is a vein that is directly connected with it. Heart represents our life which could also mean our love. But I really do not know that there is a concrete rule about this one. I think the ideas and belief on this is not set on stone that we have to follow because they are just symbolical to what it means to us. You can wear it and the meaning of it would not change because it is between you and your husband that will say what that means and not other people.
i wear it on my 4th finger right hand because it is bigger for my left hand. but i learned that the largest vein connected to your heart is on the 4th finger left hand, the reason why wedding ring should be wear on that part of your hand.
No-one has given a correct response to this because if you wore it on the 4th finger of either hand you would be wearing on your little finger. you have 4 fingers on each hand and one thumb - a thumb is a digit and not a finger. It is worn on the third finger of the left hand in most countries and the right hand in others. There is an old wives tale around that the reason it is worn on the third finger of your left hand is because the Romans believed that the vein in that finger runs straight to your heart - the seat of love, motivation and adoration - but people wore rings long before the Roman Empire existed.
@Canellita (12067)
This has always been confusing to me as to which hand and why. I can never remember how it is supposed to go.
I had always thought the wedding band was worn on the 4th finger of the left hand because there is a major artery leading to the heart in that finger hence the term "wearing you wedding band closest to your heart!"
@Elixiress (3899)
I think it is 4th finger left hand. I have wore a ring on my 4th finger right hand and no-one except this really stupid guy thought I was married.