Punjabi

@Modestah (11192)
I went to my favorite discount store today - they sell a lot of misorders and overstocks as well as mislabels and such. Anyhow they had these bags of snack food called Punjabi Mix (all natural) by Shamiana. It is a spicy mix of chick pea crackers, chick peas, lentils, split peas, cashews, peanuts, raisins, rice flakes - and spices. IT is so good! spicy but good. I am thinking it would be excellent on a salad or maybe in soup if it doesn't get too soggy. have you ever tried this Indian treat Punjabi? how do you like to eat it?sadly it is fried instead of baked so there is a lot of fat that will temper my snacking a bit.
i don't think they sell it around here-i'd never heard of it,but it does sound tasty:) i like anything with chick peas in it,i'd be willing to give it a try.
@mari61960 (4895)
I don't think I have seen it but may have.. I don't like spicy things so I probably wouldn't like it. It sounds good beside the fact that it's spicy. I bet my Macaw would like it..if it's not salty. She love chic peas...lol I'll have to look, we have a discount store like you described near us. I think I have seen mixes similar but never paid attention to the name of them...now I am curious and will have to take a trip there tomorrow..It's supposed to rain so that will give us something to do...Thanks. Brightest Blessings, Mari
@minnie_98214 (10572)
I have never heard of this but it sounds like it would be great on a salad.
Actually, it sounds pretty tasty. As long as it is not too spicy, I'm on board. I don't know where to buy it in my area but I think somewhere like Trader Joes or World Market would have it.
@maddysmommy (16233)
I have never tried that snack food mix Modestah. I am not really into spicy foods or snacks so that is probably why :)