Con Ed offers $100 to blackout victims( they should be shot)

That is not enough to give people who were suffering. Can you imagine the homes with mice and rats. They were out on the loose way before the normal eating time. I am so terrified of rats and that alone would have caused me to flip. I would have gone to the hospital for 7 days. [b]http://www.mylot.com/o/newdiscussion.aspx?q=13_37408 [/b] The utility has told regulators it will pay the $17 million to customers, swallow $40 million in repair costs and finally apologize for its actions, according to the newspaper. "What's $100 going to do for me? My bill is like $2,000 a month," Charlie Cinquemani, owner of the K&T Meat Market, which lost $30,000 worth of meat, told the paper. "It's not going to help me pay my bills." Con Ed hiked its rates nearly 5 percent this month and is planning another increase in the near future. "The settlement does not provide nearly enough for the people that suffered during the blackout," Assemblyman Michael Gianaris told the Daily News. "It's mere pennies next to the pain and suffering that people endured."
@carmelanirel (20979)
I don't quite get it, who offered the people 100.00? The link didn't work, it went to a mylot page to start a discussion..
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=6075766 Coned the light company paid the customers $100.00 each
Oh ok, now it makes sense..This happened in 2006, and so I don't know the background..How come there was a blackout for that many days? Was it the heat and everyone running extra power or what?
@Deea48 (1168)
Well that is just rediculous they are not offering nearly enough if you ask me. For sure they are not compansating for what all the business's lost. One guys said 50,000.00 one said 30,000.00. One houndred dollars is like a slap in the face for those guys. Plus they are hiking their rates as well. It will come out of the customers pockets anyway. This is just more Corporate America. But I suppose if no one puts up a big fuss well then that is the way it will go.
I have to do some more cutting back on the lights. Those people who lost all that meat oh that must have hurt.
@winterose (39921)
yes but watch next year the prices will go up again because they are going to say that they have no make back that money that they dished out in this settlement. They are going to cry poor.
@megaplaza (1438)
• Nigeria
Here in Nigeria, there re sometimes, there will be lack of electric supply for like a week, i can recall that on march last year, there was no electric supply for 3 days in my university and that led to riot.