Soldier-couples are allowed to sleep together

@gxnfly (1147)
China
I just read this nes,that American military made a historic move “aimed at preserving marriages, boosting morale, and perhaps bolstering re-enlistment rates,” the Army is now allowing scores of soldier-couples to sleep together while deployed in Iraq. It makes a lot of things easier as it really adds a lot of stress, being separated. Now you can sit face-to-face and try to work out things and comfort each other. I think that's great at first, soldiers couples don't have to suffer the pain of distance,they can enjoy the happiness just like common couples.But what about the military disciplines?We all know that military life is tough.I'm not sure this is a good idea allowing soldier-couples to sleep together,cause it might lead to some corruption ,the loose of military discipline and other unforeseen problems. Anyway I do feel happy that soldier-couples can enjoy a home grace.So,let's hear your thoughts about it?
@winterose (39918)
I think it is wonderful that couples are not separated, sleeping together at night does not change their performance during the day and may even make them better soldiers.
@jenni7202 (1598)
I think that is great. People should have some kind of family with them at all times, and it only makes a person strive to live if they have the support of family member or one that they truly love. I think it's a good idea, so that they can at least have a little of their life while being a soldier for our country.
@s2a2n2 (1732)
thats good sign. Atleast now they can spend with them. its really a welcome move. isn't it!
@yesah65 (158)
Maybe I am different, or the fact that I was in a different war, but if I had someone I loved, I sure would not want them in the foxhole with me, or in harms way, for that matter? It is not a safe place to be and who would want to see their true love suddenly disappear in pieces?
@stephcjh (32328)
I think it is great that they can be around one another and be able to support each other. I'm not sure how I feel about them being able to sleep together or not. I guess it is best for them to at least be in the presence of one another.
@sedel1027 (17855)
To me, they should have done this from the start. However, I do see this causing a problem with the couples getting pregnant so the wife can get sent home.
@jillhill (37384)
I don't fore see any problems with it...first of all when a soldier is doing his or her job they are soldiers! They wouldn't compromise the oath they made just because they get to cohabitate! It's time they started doing things to preserve the military families...and marriages. I think it's wonderful. I have two military families in my own little circle, both my daughters are married to career men. Neither one of my son in laws would ever compromise anything.....they just do their job and believe in not only the dept of service they work for but they truly honor their government and the people they are defending whom is all of us by the way!
@NotaBene (111)
I think that it's a nice idea on the face of it. The only problems that I can forsee is the envy of soldiers that don't have partners and feel left out.
A wife could be home with the kids and her husband in Iraq. I can see it now he has his little hottie on the side. No one in the service is going to snitch on him. Because he and her are a couple in the service. he gets to lay up with a warm body at night. Not a god idea in my eyes.
@dvschic (1796)
i think its funny at letting married couples sleep together and habitate together, but you still cannot be gay and in the military. i dont know their reasoning behind everything, but i'm sure there is a way for them to benefit and make it work to their own advantage, since the military is anything but altruistic.