How often do you honk when you drive?

@pitstop (5396)
In India honking is pretty common and I am forced to honk every few minutes when I drive. The roads are usually loud and pretty noisy. But the lack of discipline in a lot of the roads makes it essential to honk to get out of each others' way. On some well organised roads it is quiet and good. How about in your country?!
I never honk my horn unless someone starts to pull out in front of me, and I think they don't see me coming. Honking in some places in the US will send some people into "road rage." I try never to honk or gesture at other drivers.
@pitstop (5396)
I noticed that when I was in the USA too - a lot more discipline on the road and better roads.
@elisa812 (3033)
I don't really honk my horn very much at all. It is pretty rare for me to do it. I usually only honk if somebody totally cuts me off or does something really dangerous, or sometimes if somebody sits for a long time at a green light and forgets to go. Sometimes I'll also honk if I see a friend, to say hello. :)
I guess I must be a very patient driver as I rarely honk at other drivers. I can't remember the last time I honked and if you were to ask me where my car horn was I probably couldn't tell you without checking. Irish drivers don't really honk much but some of them have a habit of honking when they come to visit me and they have this nasty habit of honking their horns when they are leaving regardless of the time of day or night. This drives me crazy especially if it is late at night. Don't they realise that some tired mums might just have spent hours trying to put their little children to sleep.
@eztuner (451)
As you say, all depends where you are at. In Dominican Republic same as India in US, not necessary unless you think you are out of sight.