Parents, are you RESTRICTED on your child's cell phone?

Every time we call our son it goes to voicemail. He always calls us so it never crossed our minds we were restricted. Our son plays basketball at the park every day and one day my husband was driving by the park and decided to call him. He went to the pinic table where all the kids put their cell phones and called our son. He picked up his cell and saw that he was restricted. When our son got home his answer was "all the kids restrict their parents". Can you believe that? We get the joy of paying the bill but we cant call him? The nerve of these kids today. We told him if that happens again, he can pay his own darn bill!
@ladym33 (11008)
Oh no he didn't! I would have been so angry. I am sure the whole point of getting him a cell phone is so that you could reach him. I would have been so mad. But I guess if that is the worst thing he has ever done it is not so bad. Just a bit sneaky.
You are better than I am. Because as soon as he hit the house I would have had my hand out for the phone!!! How dare her block the people who gave him LIFE, let alone gave him a cell phone?!? My kids aren't old enough to have them, but once they are, the only way they will get one is if they have the money to pay for it themselves!!!
Yeah my husband said the same thing and I had to beg him not to take it away. Hes a good kid though and this is his first cell phone. Considering all the peer pressure, hes a b student, on basketball team and never gives us any problems. Hes going to college so we dont want him to have a job, just concentrate on school and sports. My husband was in the military 15+ years so he leads military style no options. I think the boys need a break every now and then. Thanks for comment though. Cant wait to hear your teenager stories!
Oh Gawd I can wait. I am scared of those years to come lol. Good thing I got at least 6 years before my son will hit them. I still would have taken the phone away. At least for a while to teach him a lesson. Don't you think its the military discipline that got him this far?
Yes, the military speaks loudly in our home, lol and its a great influence. Your idea is even better, take it away for a few days. One day without a cell phone is murder for teenagers. Now that would have been a lesson. Great idea!