A discussion so painful

By JJ
@myklj999 (13833)
Olney, Illinois
That you want to respond, but can't. I saw a discussion today about betrayal. I was going to respond, but my emotions got the best of me; I couldn't say what I really wanted to without bringing up lots of bad memories. Have you come across any discussions here that have affected you deeply? What did you do, answer them or go to another one?
@arkaf61 (10882)
I completely understand what you mean. It has happened to me as well in some discussions. Feelings coming out stronger from my own experiences and perspectives. I tend not to respond because I won't be able to be objective - it is too personal, too close. Some I have been able to respond, and I"m glad I did, because my own experiences helped someone in one way or another - by realizing that they aren't the only ones, by reading what helped me in my own situation, by learning about the other side of the story... But most times I am unable to respond.
@heartonfire (4132)
• Denmark
It happens,to those who actually get involved in the discussions here,and who really read the topic and respond from the heart...there are people who would only give one phrase responses,or even one word responses ,and to simple topic like: what did you eat today?... But as I always search for what interests me,and being an emotional person,emotional things interest me,I have tried to share my experiences and give personal opinions based on what I've lived so far,and yes sometimes it became hard to type but never the less, it always ended up in a big reply, as a result of me releasing my inner thoughts and feelings and maybe even frustrations..it's true that it's painful,but if it is I realise it from the begining and I don't open the discussion to reply.
@MsTickle (24962)
I too, have come across discussions that have provoked painful memories and trauma. I think I will respond but my thoughts and memories come tumbling headlong into my head and I can't think coherently enough to make any sense out of things. Then the realisation comes that I don't want to risk opening up any old wounds and sharing my feelings in these areas. Sometimes when I feel like this it's with the idea that I thought I had put these things behind me and closed the door so it's a bit of a shock to find the old hurts are still there and capable of making me feel sad or bad.
@cortjo73 (6500)
I did have one that resulted in me getting all choked up. I just put myself in their shoes and while I was typing my response, I had to keep choking back the lump in the back of my throat and trying to keep the tears from flowing. Another person today was so kind in a response back to me on another topic that I had a tiny little lump there. They just gave me such a nice compliment that it sort of made my heart swell with pride and made me well up a little bit. But, I have not had any discussions where I have not been able to respond because to do so would hurt too much. I just toughed it out with the first one. It was painful as heck but, I know that everything I do here has an impact in even the tiniest way...whether it is to provide a smile, a laugh or even a tear, there are people here that I mean a lot to and people who mean a lot to me and, I managed through the pain and felt better afterwards.
@subha12 (18453)
it sraelly nice to feel for others. i can say few few people can do so. i have also come across some like those before. but i managed to answer most of them.
I have had several discussions that incensed my emotions so much that I could begin to create a response, no matter how much I wanted to. Sorry to say, I usually just leave those discussions be. I used to save them, thinking I could come up with a response at a later time, but every time I did come back, the same emotions rose up and gave me writers block. So now I just delete them as if I weren't interested. I guess, in case of some discussions, it would be better than saying something that would get me banned.
@LouRhi (1502)
Yes there are some discussions that I have come across where I dearly want to share my thought but some how I just know that the words will not come out the right way. It can be very difficult at times... Sometimes sharing bad memories makes life easier. Then again there are times when this is not the case. In terms of advice I am sorry I do not have more to offer you. ~may in every way this be a special day~
@novataylor (6572)
Yes, love, definitely. There are some that I have to avoid stridently, because to answer them would be just too painful. And sometimes, I'll be in the middle of a response to one that had so far felt innocuous enough, but I suddenly found myself typing for all I was worth, crying all the while, but pounding it all out anyway. Sometimes it's cathartic to do that, to be sure, but sometimes it can just be too much. I find that if it breaks my heart too much to start, then I won't. But when it happens out of the blue like that, I continue and work through it. I may have to stop and blow my nose several times during the whole thing, but I usually finish my response. And I think that at times like those, we can really do some good for someone else by sharing our own experiences, which is a wonderful thing to do, painful as it can be. I'm just so sorry that you felt the pain you did when you saw the discussion about betrayal. That's very telling, myklj. I'm sorry you got your heart broken. Sweet baby, I wish I could help.
i have come accross a few discussions that have been pain ful infact i have myself started a few which are painful. i have gone ahead and replied to them. infact i feel i could discuss my inner feelings here and sometimes get peoples honest openions about touchy subject. in fact i find people genuine here, and they do give quite an open feedback to how they feel. well to answer your question yes i do go ahead and reply to discussions even if they bring back the old bad memories.
I tend to become so emotional at times. I have read a lot of discussions here at myLot that really go through me and made me cry. There are those that did not really make me cry but affected me so much. If I believe that I do have something to say about the issue at hand, I respond to those discussions. If I do not have anything in mind to share, I still respond at least to let the author know that I do feel for him/her.
@Breath (1297)
I am a very emotional person my self.Yes i have read post and stories on here that seemed to reflect part of me or my life and I have shed a few tears.I still try to help and give them advice from my same problems but it can be hard.I write soemtimes with tears in my eye.I feel everything I hear,see or read...