The Sky Is Crying

@myklj999 (20979)
And many of us did also when we heard the news about the death of Stevie Ray. I still listen to his music all the time. He ranks near the top of my all time favorite guitarists, and is my favorite blues artist. The first song of his I heard was the remake of Voodoo Child (Slight Return); I'd never heard the Hendrix version and thought it was a "new" song. Went out, bought the Could'nt Stand the Weather LP (remember vinyl?) and have been hooked ever since. What are some of your favorite Stevie Ray tracks?
@wathanjim (2215)
Stevie Ray Vaughan was one of the best blues guitarists of our time.Some of my favorite tunes from him are Life By The Drop,Mary Had A Little Lamb,and Rude Mood.Unless I have missed something I have everything Stevie ever did.I listen to him at least weekly.
@Tetchie (2933)
He could make a guitar talk for sure. His voice had a velvet touch, not sure if people knew that.
@Tetchie (2933)
Mustang Sally, his is the best version.
@Tetchie (2933)
And I like Guitar Boogy and Little Sister, and..........
@LadyMarissa (12161)
My HERO Stevie Ray Vaughan!!! - OMG I just love Stevie Ray Vaughan. If you've never heard him, then you have to be good to yourself today!!!
OMG, now I know you've got GREAT taste in music!!!!!! Stevie Ray never read a note of music & NEVER played the same song, the same way, twice. He was self taught. He was founded by David Bowie & The Rolling Stones. Have you listened to Kenny Wayne Shepherd??? He now has Double Trouble for his backup. He has not made it yet, but he IS working on becoming a Stevie Ray. I'm thinking that the record producers will ruin him before he makes it.
@LadyMarissa (12161)
Kenny Wayne Sheperd - Kenny Wayne Sheperd has the distinction of playing much like Stevie Ray Vaughan. He also has the distinction of having SRV's old band Double Trouble. Those are HUGE shoes to fill & he's doing an excellent job at it!!!
After listening to Kenny Wayne Sheperd, I cannot listen to SRV without thinking of him!!!
@cowbluz (11)
Stevie was one of the greatest guitarists that's ever been. He accomplished amazing feats with his guitar, playing like his mentors, the masters of the modern blues. He could play lead, rhythm and bass on his songs, which amazed me. My favorites are Texas Flood, Tin Pan Alley, Thangs That You Used To Do, Voodoo Chile & Dirty Pool. I love to watch him play in his videos and specials. Six Strangs Down...
@Breath (1297)
Music has lost a star...A bright beautiful star full of voice and musical talent...The sky is crying for her star...