Would you prefer live-in relationships nowadays?

Getting married in the church is often costly especially these days with very high costs of commodities. Notably, the number of couples living-in together without the formal blessings of the church is increasing. Would you sacrifice the teachings of the church for this reason? How would you react on this?
I don't find anything wrong with that .Live-in relationships are great because you can be with the person without being committed for life . You can get to know the person much better , a prelude to marriage or if it doesn't fall through call it quits . with regards www.chocolatesavy.com
I see your point. Some people may not admit it but people are getting so unstable these days and couples are not exempted. Many would share your idea for various reasons. One reason is that, some people prefer it because they can shift from one affair to another without getting into too much trouble, right? Lol...
@Elixiress (3893)
I am not a religious person, so I would choose a live-in relationship for that reason, I think it would be very hypocritical of me to not believe in God and religion as a whole yet get married in a place of religion and belief. So no the cost is not so much the issue to me.
I understand your point and I think it's often regarded as a personal preference which is more widely accepted in your place rather than for any other reason. My observation here in my country, church wedding often connotes "acceptance" in our society or in our culture. (Sad to say, many people here are getting married for that reason and not for the religious aspect). That would sound hypocritical and perhaps many of my countrymen who would read this may think of me to be un-nationalistic or anti-culture or whatever, But I am a married man and I got married on a church where I considered the sanctity of it rather than the social or cultural aspect of marriage. Live-in relationships are often regarded as unsocial and unacceptable in our culture and in our country but for the reason of the high cost of getting married in the church or maybe people are getting over the stigma of making more personal choices in life, some couples prefer living-in together.