Vacuum

@ladym33 (11009)
My dog always used to go insane when I vacumed, so much so that she would attack and bite the vacuum cleaner. I would have to put her outside so that I could vacuum or risk her tearing the bag. Any one else's dog do this? Does anybody know why dogs do this?
@shymurl (2769)
I don't know why they do that. I use to have dog that did that. It was funny at first but then it got annoying, and I had to put him in another room so I could vacuum. My dogs that I have now hate the vacuum and they run every time I use it.
@ladym33 (11009)
My dog actually bit a hole in the vacuum cleaner bag one time, that made us pretty angry. But now that she is no longer with us, I would rather have her here alive biting at the vacuum cleaner again.
@98765m (1021)
Well,my dog doesnt do like that.May be your dog would have found the sound of the vacuum cleaner amusing perhaps. Every dog has its own likes and dislikes.Each dog is unique ,just as one man is different from another. I think ,maybe your dog liked to play with things. Is your dog doing only to the vacuum cleaner or to every object?Or to any object which produces sound? May be try using vacuum cleaner when there is a much larger sound,when operating other machines.See whether it still gets attracted to the vacuum cleaner. Cheers ! Good day to you and your dog
@ladym33 (11009)
She left most things alone, just hated the vacuum cleaner.
@fifileigh (3621)
my late dogs would get scared of the vacuum...they didnt like it. but they just stayed away from it or barked at it...
@thedaddym (1737)
My dog used to do that too. I think she bit a hole in the bag part of the vacuum once and we had to replace the whole vacuum cleaner. I was pretty upset about that.
@Marg12 (329)
My dogs and cats are all deathly afraid of the vacuum cleaner. But my border collie, if given the chance would probably enjoy chasing the vacuum if it didn't make so much noise. She loves to herd anything that she can find, including the cats. I usually put my animals outside when I start vacuuming which suits them just fine cause they really don't like the noise. I think that the dogs do this, either to play with it, or they want it to stop making that noise and so attack it. That is the best I can come up with at the moment.
@saundyl (9698)
My puppy is scared of it she'll go to a different room when the push vacuum is out..but at my parents house they have a central vac and she couldnt care less about it running. My cat used to love the vacuum being out because id vacuum his shedding fur with the upholstery brush...He would get sooo mad at me when i stopped he'd either ignore me for a couple hours or hed try laying in front of the vacuum to get more.
@jstaubin (423)
My dog is affraid of my vacuum cleaner. Once it is turned on he will cower and run away as fast as he can. Wimpering the entire time that the vacuum is running.