Eat your germs...

@ersmommy1 (12600)
You have heard that yogurt is teeming with bacteria. They're supposed to be good bacteria, ones that not only don't make you sick but actually improve your health. Food companies have been coming to the conclusion that if a few of these superstar bacteria are good for you, then more will be even better.the question is, Do you think these products work?
I think that the FDA will be looking into such claims. The products like Activa or the Live culture type cheese products look to be somewhat professional. Not like claims made by homeopathic 'medicine' which appears unsubstantiated.
@lilybug (21148)
I am sure they do work. You can buy a big 1 quart bottle of Kefir and get about the same result though. It is about $3 a quart as opposed to $4 for a 4-pack of like 4 ounce bottles.
@a_manick (880)
ya sure,yoghurt has a very good effect on your stomach,as it contains lactobacillus,nothing but friendly bacteria that is very essential for your gut .These bacteria aids in digestion and also fights against the harmful bacteria there by improving the immunity of your gut.
@amirev777 (2856)
hi Yoghurt has been known to provide all the health benefits available in milk with an added advantage that it can be consumed by even those suffering from Lactose Intolerance,which makes consumption of milk a real pain! What we do not know is that it can provide much more.It consists of Probiotic Bacteria(Good bacteria),Lactobacillus Acidophilus and Lactobacillus casei.These Probiotics have prophylactic and therapeutic benefits in GI disorders like Diarrhoea,Lactose Intolerance,Irritable Bowel Syndrome , Inflammatory bowel diseases,etc. Yoghurt also helps in preventing Yeast infections in women.Yoghurt may also delay the progression of Type II Diabetes,and research is going on in this regards,which has shown encouraging results. Do not forget to make Yoghurt an integral part of your Diet plan! Ayurvedic way of preparing your Yoghurt:Take cow's milk in a silver container,add3-4 Tulsi leaves to it and keep it overnight-the yoghurt that you get will offer excellent immune boosting properties.
Really an interesting information.. and i think this will work.
@shlooper (309)
We talked about this in my microbiology class, pretty much what I learned is that everyone has a lot of bacteria growing in them in the first place. It is just the idea if you can have good (or at least not harmful) bacteria growing then there will not be room for new (bad) bacteria to grow. Also some bacteria can neutralize our body's by-products, then we are happy too. I dont think that I will switch over to a diet of all yogurt, but a little here and there cant hurt.
@Sissygrl (10915)
I have no idea.. i dont buy into all that activa bacteria yogurt stuff. I buy wahtever yogurt is on sale lol. if it happens to be tthat kind then so be it. as long as its not fat free or sugar free its all good. Oh and the non gelatin kind sort of sucks too.. its pretty runny.
@stephcjh (32327)
I'm not really sure. I am sure that we do eat tons of bacteria every day though even though we do not acvtually realise wea re eating it. I bet some of it may be good for us and our health. I hope they check it out thoroughly though before they provide it for us.
@rlc456 (415)
It's hard to say, you know anymore everything we do or eat is not good for us. So who knows.
Hmm...my understanding was that the "new" yogurt is no different than the regular stuff...it is just marketed differently. Yes, it is good for you, but, moderation is usually key in anything- even in things that are good for you.
I believe this to be true. If you've ever taken antibiotics to get better from some type of sickness, those antibiotics actually kill off the good probiotics in your intestine (which are necessary for processing your food). Since I've been drinking Danactive, I've noticed a vast improvement in my overall health. In fact, I haven't had a cold in 2 years.