Curiosity Killed The Cat...

Curious... - Curious...
@twoey68 (13651)
We’re all naturally curious about those around us and tend to wonder about what makes them tick. Some ppl will make an excuse when they go to a friend or family member’s home to use the restroom and peek into their medicine cabinet, under the sink cabinet, cupboards, you name it. Some will get bold and peer around their bedrooms, offices even going so far as to open drawers. If left alone in the house for long, they may finger through papers laying on the desk, look through bills, read online emails…all kinds of things. Are they really just being curious or downright nosy? Would you be offended if someone did this in your home? Have you ever done anything like this in other ppl’s homes? What would you do if you caught someone going through your things? **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
I used to have a friend that would go through my stuff but she was even more bold and would do it in front of me. She would open draws, read my letters, and even snoop through the rest of my families things. She got caught by my mum one day and that was the end of her being allowed in the house. Funny thing was though, if you went to her house, her rule was that you don't touch anything! She even got angry with me if I accepted a drink when her mother offered, saying that I was lazy and a sponger. Needless to say, she was not really a friend then and is definitely not part of my life now. I respect other peoples privacy so don't snoop. If I see a magazine of interest and it is in clear view, I still ask if I can have a quick look at it.
@ruby222 (4848)
Well i think that my private things are my private things Twoey..and i wouldnt be too happy f i saw someone rifling through my papers etc...but i think we all have a little bit of nosiness about us...an mine is other peoples bathrooms...if i go to a house where ive never visited the bathroom before..well my nose would be out !!!..i would just have toask to use the loo..and then i can get in and have a darn good look!!!..at least im admitting to it!!!..but i like to see if the bathroom is clean and tidy lol ...the other rooms woulnt bother me one little bit...i like to see which toilet paper they use..if they use soft or recycled....and if they have a posh loo brush!!!!..humans are funny things arent they??!!..but as for looking into peoples private belongings..i dont think thats too good a thing
@lucy02 (5017)
They are being nosy. No, I haven't done that. I would be offended if someone did that to me. What on earth do they expect to find anyway?
I definitely do not do this. My mamma brought me up better than that. I would be so angry and hurt if my friends or family members did it. It just is not our style.
@winterose (39918)
I would be very upset if somebody went through my things. After all it is none of their business. I don't go through other people's stuff either, though I have done baby sitting and I very well could have. It is just not right.
@Lakota12 (42684)
Never would think to do such a thing its their house and thoer things so I leave them alone and I sure wouldnt want any one going though my thing
@nannacroc (4049)
I would be very offended. I don't even put the pots in the cupboards in other peoples houses unless they say I can. Not even my children look through my stuff wothout asking. If I caught anyone doing this it would be the last time they were invited in, no matter who they were.
twoey I really would be offeneded if someone went snooping through my bathroom let alone any important papers. I do not even snoop through my sons room and he is my son. Nobody has the right to go through ones things like that unless they are family and have asked permission to do so. If I caught someone snooping like that in my home I would really tell them off.
@slickcut (8141)
When i go the the bathroom of a friend or a strangers house,i will sit there and look at the decor,and just look around...I don't think i have ever looked through their papers,i have looked in the medicine cabinet if i knew them real well,other than that i am not much of a snoop...I really don't have anything to hide and if it were someone i know well,i would probably ask what they were looking for...
@sid556 (31005)
The only time I ever did anything like that was when I took my daughter to santa's village and we visited Santa's home. She had to use the bathroom and we did peek in the medicine cabinet...Santa Uses crest. He also stays there during the season so on our way out we checked his bedroom. Santa wears Levis...big ones when not dressed in red. Other than that, I can't think of a time when I've ever felt the urge to invade anyones privacy. Even if I had the opportunity and I have, i would not do that. I'm not that curious. I mite check out pictures on their walls or the books in their case. I have no desire to invade their personal business. I have caught boyfriends doing that to me and i will tell you it does not go over well.
@pyewacket (44036)
I think out of curiosity most people will tend to look into people's medicine cabinets....hehe..I do..but that is the extent of it, and couldn't care if people looked into mine...not like I have anything so horribly secret that I'm keeping in there...But I think it's downright rude to go beyond that, like looking through people's private papers or look into drawers and such--If I caught someone going through more private stuff I think I would ask them point blank, what the hell are you doing?
@stephcjh (32327)
I think they are being downright nosey. I would be very offended if someone was to go through my things. It is my stuff and I do not want them to finger it or go through it. that is invading my privacy. I have never gone through peoples things. I respect that it is theirs and it is none of my business and I should keep my hands off of it.
@jewel76 (2305)
I would be uspet if i caught someone going through my things. I must admit though, that when i was young, lets say around 8-10 yrs old, i use to peek into my aunt's bathroom cabinets to smell the many different fruity soaps and perfumes that she had LOL but thats it. And i was a child, so, even if she'd have caught me, which i would've been embarassed about, im sure she wouldn't have been mad.
@emeraldisle (13146)
I would be very offended if they went exploring. That's beyond curiosity and being down right nosy. I can understand looking in the bathroom cupboard but anything beyond that is not just wondering or being curious. That is being intrusive and violating the person's privacy. It is none of their business what is in the office, on the computer or going through the mail. That's being invasive and I doubt they would like it done to them. If I caught someone doing that I would chew them up one side and down the other. I would let them know exactly what I thought of them and I would not allow them back into my house.
@Polly1 (12649)
I don't like people in my house when I am not at home. People are curious, I will look at pictures and things like that. I don't go in drawers and cabinets that kinds of stuff. I worked for a cleaning and restoration company. After a fire, water damage or other disaster we would go in and clean everything and sometimes pack up the house and move the people out so their house could be fixed up. We would take all their stuff back to our warehouse to clean. Sometimes we did everything at the home, it depended on how extensive the damage and repairing of the structure was. So any curiousity that I would have about other peoples stuff is out of my system. I have seen it all, nothing surprises me anymore. It was an interesting job, we found all kinds of stuff. When we packed the boxes we had to inventory everything that went in the box. We came up with some good names for certain items, hehe.
@abbey19 (3129)
• Gold Coast, Australia
I would be very offended if I caught someone going through my paperwork on my desk, or anything else for that matter. People who do this are not being curious - they are just being nosey in my opinion. I own a cleaning business, and have the keys to many of my clients' homes because they are not in when I go to clean, and I would never dream of going through any of their personal things; they trust me and I value their trust - I would never let them down. I wouldn't like it doing to me, so therefore I don't do it to them. Do unto others . . .
@jezzmay (1845)
I would be very upset.I would want to know why they thought they could do this.I would tell them I did not like this and I think they should leave.If they could not restrain their self from this not to come back.Even if they were family.
@ElicBxn (60884)
Not me, with my luck I'd get caught. I figure that if they go thru my stuff, they deserve what they find - because I tend to leave things that might be found offensive if left in the open, but shut behind cabinet doors is on their head.
@kamran12 (5555)
• Pakistan
Hello twoey68!:-) I am naturally very curios and love to observe things that surround me, either off-line or online. But, I do make a distinction and draw a line where it should be drawn. I quench my curiosity just by observation and that too in and about things that I am legally or ethically allowed to do. If I visit someone's house, I'll observe things that are open to see, to have an insight about my host, their lifestyle, organization, methods and ways. I'll see and observe things that are in the room I am sitting. But, I will never touch anything or peek into anything that is not open to see or that my host hasn't allowed me to see. I don't even ask them to show me parts of their house, their family albums, or anything belong to them unless they themselves wish/request me to see. Though I won't like strangers or acquaintances to peek into things in my house but my friends enjoy much more freedoms, even more than I allow myself when I am at their place. When I am at their houses, I have a habit to take permission if I want to use something there, and sometimes they told me that it irritated them that I asked for permission. Same is the case online, I see and observe things around but won't push someone to tell me something or to reveal something about them that they won't like to share. Here too, most of my knowledge about people comes from observation. If they do like to share themselves, I take it as they say!
@deebomb (15323)
I would never look into any one's medicine cabinet or under the sink to see what is there. I would also never even think of looking into drawers or at papers on a desk.I have never been that nosy. Unless I am ask to get something from those places. I consider it the hight of bad manners to do any of these things. I don't even do those things in my own house with areas that are not mine or my business.