Anyone on the "NO CALL LIST"?

@ersmommy1 (12600)
And you are still getting calls. Do you know why? I do. I Thought you'd find this interesting.. Most people do not read the fine print. By this I mean, telemarketers can still call you. If you have done business with a company or any of that companies affiliates telemarketers can still call you for up to 6 months. So if you bank, pay a mortage, have a credit card, own or have a loan on a car etc, etc, you may still get calls.You have done business. And so for some extent if they have that proof they can be protected and your only recourse is to tell them you are on the list Guess there had to be a loop hole for them to make a living..
@lilybug (21148)
I did not know this until recently. My sister in law informed me of this little know fact just a few weeks ago. It is good to know.
@stephcjh (32327)
I got on the no call list a long time ago. I do not get any soliciting phone calls anymore that I know of. I am on dialup though so they cannot get a hold of me anyway and I turn my phone and my answering machine off during the day while I am sleeping also.
Yes, there are some companies which can legally call my wife's cell phone because it used to be our home phone. Fortunately, due to our plan, incoming calls are free.
I put our phone number on the do not call list and noticed that we were still recieving a large number of phone calls. So I checked out the website to verify that our number was indeed on the list because it was a few weeks after I entered it. Our number was gone. I had to go through the process all over again to make sure out number was there. Ever since then, I've noticed that we do not recieve as many phone calls as we used to. I'm very thankful because I got so very tired of all of those annoying calls.