Isn't it funny how things stay the same but names change!

@dragon54u (31298)
I was getting dressed this morning and remarked to my dog that soon he'll be able to annoy me by licking my ankles because I'll be getting out the summer clothes. Then I thought about the "capri" pants I had stored..they used to be called "pedal pushers" in the 60's when I was a child. I have no idea why, but that's what they were called. There are a lot of things, particularly clothing, that fall out of fashion and then pop up again a decade or two later bearing a different name. Can you think of any others? (And yes, I talk to my dogs..I live alone except for them and they appear to enjoy my monologues!)
@sedel1027 (17868)
I always thought capri pants were shorter than pedal pushers? Or am I thinking of Bermuda shorts?
@djmarion (4905)
talking to dog is a cool thing we have a pet in the office, its a shi tzu and a Pomeranian and we talk to them everyday, funny but they seem to understand and they respond by wagging their tails and barking loudly. i can't recall a particular thing that goes in and out of fashion bearing different name. sorry for my poor memory..lol. but i agree that the "in" thing years ago goes back in a cycle few years after.
@dragon54u (31298)
Dogs truly enjoy being spoken to, while many humans just pretend they enjoy your company! There's a dog behind my house and across the alley, I call him Buddy because I don't know his name. He's a basset hounds and bays and howls all day, as bassets do. He's lonesome! I talk to him whenever I go out and take him a biscuit sometimes. Then he's quiet for an hour or so!