How long do you spend talking on the phone?

Romania
Today talking on the phone is exactly as the walk. We can not exist if you don't talk with somebody at least once in a day. I spend talking to my phone about 1 hours per day.But I was very surprised to find out today when my phone bill just arrived that last month I talk( together with my family of course) 10 hours and 30 minutes. I didn't believe what my eyes see! 10 hours in a month, just from my home phone, not from our personal mobile where I talk about 3 hours, almost. So do you believe this?Ha. How many hours do you spend talking on the phone in 24 hours?
I don't talk much on the phone because I have problems hearing for some reason. I'm forever asking the person to repeat themselves and it just gets annoying that all I hear it mumbling and half of words. I use the phone only when I need to like planning a date, call from the hospital or job etc. It's real quick. Say let's meet here, the end. Important calls like for interviews and whatnot, I try to listen closely, ask my questions and be done. I'd rather talk in person because I can hear without missing parts.
yeah! thanks for answering this post!
I spend about 1 to 2 hours a day on the phone. I don't talk on the phone much.
If you count all those 1-2 hours in a month you will see a huge bill.Like me ! thanks for your share!
@RONYFORU (15)
As per as my cell is concerned it comes to abt 3hrs per day on avg.Of course this is as per my outlook. when the Bill comes it obviously shows much higher near abt 6hrs.
ha, you are a talker. nice to know! thanks for being here!
On average? 0 hour 0 min per day. I only use the phone when necessary.
really? thanks for your comments!
When I was in the Philippines I use more the text feature than the call feature. Since I arrived in DK I call often in a day to people. Reasons maybe because I have unlimited call to people who have the same network provider as mine and I have no time to press all the keypads and text everything I want to say. I talk a minimum of an hour too in a day, thanks God my phone bill isnt surging so high because almost of the people in my phonebook are using the same network provider as mine. I just feel so sad and irritated for two weeks now. I signed a new contract for that phone provider, such annoyance that after two days I cant use the call feature of my phone. I have no chance to drop by to the store and I just report it through phone. Agh! They said I have to drop by to their office and they will fix the problem. Oh I miss talking to people.. I feel I am out of reach already or outcasted.
thank you very much for your comment!
@jesbellaine (4157)
When I was in high school and college, I spent the rest of my day on the phone... I don't know why! I just love to talk and talk with my friends.. so it is like the whole day. lolz But now, maybe 30 minutes or so. My friends and family got busy so we just call each other send regards or if there is really something important to say. We usually send messages via text here.
thank you very much for your comment!
@magrylouyu (1632)
I am usually on the phone no longer than about 30-40 minutes. But I do talk to my mom for about 2 hours at a time in one day. If I dont call her for about a week I'll call her about 3 times that day and spend about an hour each time on the phone. My mom and I are very close and her grandchildren looove to talk to Mema. In a total of 24 hour I'd have to say all together I spend about 4-5 hours a day on the phone.
thank you very much for your comment!
@dxf100 (28)
How funny!I spend talking to my phone only 1-3 minutes per day.Do you believe it?It's ture.
thank you very much for your comment!
@Esoteric1 (866)
I spend less than 5 minutes a day on the phone, I talk to most people face to face or on the Internet. I would rather do it this way than to call people or answer my phone.
thanks you very much for your comment!
@popocan (222)
I hardly use home phone and work phone, I've always been using my mobile to contact friends and clients. I'm not surprised by your no. of hours as I spend about 3-4 hours a day talking on the phone and this adds up to around 6000 minutes per month. This is actually quite a lot but I've limited my phone bill by joining a constant bill plan over here in HK, not sure if you have this in your area.
thank you very much for your comment!
@checapricorn (16066)
Before, I can manage to talk like 1 and half hour but now I got bored easily especially if there is no much happening for me to share about! and I wil also be stressed thinking out the bill! hahahha...This time, the longest I can handle is like 30 minutes per call and its not everyday, just once every week! I do txt a lot through PC since its free!
thank you very much for your comment!
@athinapie (1152)
i think that i'd spend an average of 10 minutes in talking on the phone since i'm busy and on the go most of the time. and what's common here in our country is sending text messages and not really talking on the phone since it's expensive.
thank you very much for your comment!
@arcidy (5016)
When I was a kid I use to be on the phone a lot. Now im hardly on it. I just dont like talking on the phone. I perfer talking through email. But when I was a kid I use to love it and I was on for a few hours a day talking to friends now its less then half an hour a day sometimes an hour but most days less then 30 min.
thank you very much for your comment!
@AJ1952Chats (2340)
• Anderson, Indiana
Thanks to lots of fancy stuff, I can talk to my heart's content and do it on the cheap. Here's an idea of my phoning experiences... Although I also have a cell-phone for emergencies, calling home, and (I confess) placing orders ahead of time at a carry-out restaurant (but always parked when doing so), I save my long conversations for land phones. Where I live, there's no extra charge to call nearly everywhere (if not actually everywhere) in Madison County. Also, some places in Delaware County (such as Daleville, Yorktown, and Muncie) are local calls. In Henry County, Middletown is a local call for me. I live in Madison County in Indiana just south of the city of Anderson, and I have an Anderson phone number. At one time Aunt Jenny and Uncle D1ck lived just above Alexandria and had an Orestes phone number, and Aunt Ruby lived just west of the town of Markleville and had a Markleville number. I was living with my folks at the time (the 1970s), and we had three-way calling. Aunt Ruby (widow with a grown son) would get off work, come eat with us, visit awhile, and, then, go home to Markleville. She would call us from there to let us know that she had gotten home okay. This was, of course, a local call between us. We would then call Aunt Jenny and Uncle D1ck to let them know that she was in for the night. When we had three-way calling capabilities, we could actually connect them, and they could yak away. I used to do that for a friend from time to time so that she could talk to her sister. Anyway, we've never had toll calls in our part of the country (at least, not for so long as I've been around) when it comes to local calls. Now, I'm REALLY in hog heaven, because I'm on a flat-rate of unlimited long-distance calling here in the USA. Mark and I will sometimes get together for several hours at a time doing things on my computer that I'm unable to do alone. For anyone not knowing, he's my "adopted" kid brother and computer guru. He and I live over 300 miles apart (with his living in a suburb of Nashville, Tennessee). Russell and I live almost 3000 miles apart, and we have been known to be on the phone in a single conversation of about five hours. Most of our calls average more like 2 or 3 hours, however. My mom and I talk several times a day, and it's not uncommon for a "short" phone call to stretch into at least an hour. As for incoming, I mostly let my voicemail pick up and get back with calling parties at my convenience, or I would never get anything done around here.
thanks you for your complex response!
My partner is the culprit, he spends hours on the phone to his family and friends. Our phone bill for only one month was almost £100 and all the long calls were his.
a lot of money I can say! thanks for answering this post! and "keep silence"
@busta1baby (1238)
well when i am on the fone its with my boyfriend and no one else really ...i mean we tlk for 5 or 6 hours a day maybe even more then dat...one time we tlked al day long non stop do yea
for me 10 hours +3 13 hours in a month is more then huge! but 6 hours in a day? wow. thanks for responding to this!
@kezabelle (2985)
If im talking to my mum anywhere up to 2 hours in one go!! Friends and other family 30 minutes at the most, my girls normally interupt my phone calls needing something or another I ring my mum when their dad is here so I can do it in peace lol!
well, I guess we are the same.exactly happens to me tooMy mom talk a lot so 1-1.1/2 hours we talk. thanks for your reply!
@Badams (90)
Talking on the phone is over rated. Texting is the new thing these days. I do notice though that since I have moved out that I have been using my phone alot more to keep in touch with family and friends.
When I begin to talk with my friends I forgot about time, money and universe! thanks for answering to this post!
@Warmedal (397)
• Sweden
I have no idea how many hours/minutes per day but. I have had my phone since September 2007. If I go to Total Calltime on my phone it says 198 hours, 24 minutes and 3 seconds.
that's pretty big, don't you think? thanks for your response!
@gloamglozer (1285)
wtf... ive actually "existed" as u say without talking to some1 in a whole day...
oh... i just realised i havent answered ur question. i dont ever use the home phone to talk just moibile which isnt much anyways... im on prepaid and my $15 credit lasts for months xD
it seems you talk for 15 $, don't you? thanks for responding to this post!