What do you make of this?

@cream97 (29166)
My father-in-law asked me today if I was ready to start driving his car. He asked me if I am ready to get my license. I told him that I already knew how to drive. He said that he heard that, I am ready to drive. Do you think he was trying to make me feel bad or is he suggesting something? My fil is very nice to me. I would like to get my license but I have never asked him to use his car. I felt ashamed when he said this to me. Was he being nice or trying to be sarcastic? He said it in a way, like as if he wanted to see me have it. He smiled when he said it. What exactly was he implying?
@Sonadora (356)
Stop over-analyzing. Don't read so much into it. Just smile back and accept his very nice offer. We are constantly told to read between the lines, but sometimes there is just really nothing there.
@cream97 (29166)
Yes, I SHOULD NOT GET SO NARROW MINDED. He was trying to help.
@kezabelle (2985)
Im sure he was just being nice, if he is normally good to you and doesnt upset you then im sure he wasnt this time either if using his car is something you wish to do then accept his kind offer which is all im sure it was
I a sure he was offering his time to teach you. Also you were given the opportunity to drive his car. Now if he is one to keep his car off limits. I would say he may have meant something else. I am hoping that you go get your license now. You may never get a offer like that again. Go get you book from motor vehicles and start reading it.
I think that he was trying to tell you that you could use his car since you say he is very nice to you. thats probably another of his ways of being kind to you. maybe he felt it would make your life a little easier if you had a car to drive. I do not read itas sarcastic at all.