Phantom star attackers strike again!!

@gemini_rose (16193)
Recent events on myLot have seen a startling drop in many members stars over the last few days, many claim to have been hit by this mystery that has had many baffled and sometimes upset by the sudden negativity towards their discussions, with people going from a ten down to a 7 within a short space of time. The latest victim in this ongoing mystery is me!! After logging off my computer last night it was noticed by myself that I had an exemplary record with a 10 star and 100/100 ratings. Upon return to myLot late on this morning I was surprised to see my star at a pale shade of grey colour with just a meagre 7 and 71/100 ratings.I did not even see a 9 or an 8My goodness what a beating I must have taken over night!! Who or what is behind this bizarre drop in members star ratings remains a mystery, but all eyes should be wary and on the look out for the phantom star attackers!!! Next time it could be you!! Ok to be honest with you I found it quite funny, my friends stars have all been dropping rapidly over the last few days and I have felt really bad & upset for them especially as mine was remaining steadfastly intact, but I guess it was only a matter of time and I could only avoid it for so long! So how is everyone else's stars fairing today, have you dropped down any more numbers? Or has your star remained the same? Does it upset you that this has happened or are you like me just shrug your shoulders and laugh it off?
@kbourgerie (8780)
Yes, mine continues to decline. I went down another point last night, but honestly, I don't really care anymore. I've got bigger problems than my star rating. As long as people continue to answer to my posts and I continue to earn they can rate me negatively all they like. In fact, I'm starting to look forward to it, it beginning to match my mood. LOL.
@gemini_rose (16193)
Hello! I noticed yours had gone down again, I am now officially a member of your crew!! I know you are having a lot to deal with just now, I hope it all works out for you I really do, and I will always answer your posts, even if I cannot relate to the topic, I shall just pop in, say hello and see how you are.
Thanks for caring. I appreciate it. I kind of wish I hadn't posted that other discussion. A bit too personal probably, but I can't take it back now. I guess we all need someone to vent to sometimes. Anyway, don't take the decline in your rating, unkindly. Since its happening to so many of us, we should be relieved because that means its not specific to any one of us, its just someones lack of maturity raising its ugly head.
@gabs8513 (48712)
Sweetie don't say you should have not posted it yes you should that is what your Friends are here for to support you through your bad times like they do me and many others I have posted quite a few Personal ones last week and I got so much support from my Friends and that is what Friends is about so do not regret posting it and I will be here for you and support you Please try and keep in touch as you can so we know you are doing ok
@stephcjh (32327)
My star rating has stayed the same for quite some time but alot of my friends are saying that theirs is dropping and they have no clue as to why. I feel sorry for alot of them because they do not deserve to have a low rating like that. Mine has been stuck for quite some time and if it ever fluctuates, I guess I would just have to shrug my shoulders and move on as long as it does not affect my earnings.
@gemini_rose (16193)
It has affected a few people just lately, and they are understandably a bit upset and angry as they do not know why people would rate them negative when they have done nothing wrong. I just wanted to try and put a lighter side to it and try to get people just to look at it as nothing to worry about, I am not worried at all!!
gemini if you can grin then so can I thats a great way tolook at it anyway sevens not so bad huh?
Stars, ratings and points go up and down like a yoyo on here hun, and I really wouldn't worry about it all too much as you will soon find your rating change again. This seems to be happening a lot lately, to a lot of regular posters as well as new people.
@gemini_rose (16193)
I know I just think it is funny!
Gemini rose what is goingon I want to scream and bawl and even laugh. I went to eight yesterday and today I am a seven what the heck did I do? I tell you one thing I am not going to let this brat who thinks it is funny to negative all of us make me quit. i am angry and I am woman Hear me roar. I was so glad for awhile that my nine was steady now i am a white sickly seven.
I am with you Hat!!! You hear that?!? I will not leave, no matter how many times you rate me negative, I don't care if my rating drops to a zero, I WILL BE HERE!!! YOU WILL NOT RUN ME OFF!!!
@gemini_rose (16193)
Thats the spirit girls, you are doing what I wanted you to do, positivety now, no more letting it get people down!!!
• Bahamas
Wow gemini, you've been attacked too i see{wooo scary}.Who cares you're wonderful in my book, and remains a ten to me.Your contribution is not in what color star you have, but what you contribute to us here at mylot.To be honest i dont even notice the star all i need to see is that avatar, and i'm looking in on that discussion. But i think that they should move the temptation, so that we can all go back to having discussions without having to watch what color our dang star is, or worry about what others think about us.. that's just to much pressure.
@gemini_rose (16193)
Humbled,Speechless, that is so nice and I am so happy that I have made such good friends on here in the short time that I have been here, that in itself is worth more than any star and is simply the reason that I could not care less about it.
@minnie_98214 (10572)
Well I havent had any problems yet but im sure I just cursed myself lol. Well I always give a positive rating to you so I hope it helps a little bit.
@gemini_rose (16193)
I think I cursed myself too, but it took a mighty beating, I know it has upset a few people though, so I just wanted to let them know that I got hit too, it is not a problem!! Thanks for positiving me, and I always do the same for you.
@shymurl (2768)
I had noticed one day that mine was a 9. Then a few days later it went back up to a 10. It didn't bother me, i'm like you, just shrug and continue on what I was doing. I'm not sure why they fluctuate.
@gemini_rose (16193)
To be honest the only reason I noticed it was because so many have said about the drops they had in theirs, it is not a problem it is just one of those things!!
@maddysmommy (16233)
Not you too!!! I don't know what's going on here and no doubt will be joining you all very soon. As long it's not yellow (doesn't suit my complexion), then I'll be fine with any color.
I was just about to post a discussion about this!!! I was sure that I had picked up a little MyLot troll that had been rating me negatively. I know that I had posted to a couple controversial discussions, but that was a while ago. I did feel bad, because I thought that I was offending people with some of the promoting that I have been doing lately. But now that I see that this is a phenomenon that has been affecting many individuals, and not just me, I am a little relieved. Still, I can't wait until this phenomenon is over, and my rating gets back to my favorite blue star.
@gemini_rose (16193)
According to what is being said there could be a few, so not to worry, I just keep going, it is not that much of a deal really!!!
@ruby222 (4848)
Rose...well at least you only went down to a 7...I logged on this morning to find that I had dropped to a 6 !!lolol...well i wouldnt mind so much...but i try to always be pleasant in all of my posting... But maybe its just a glitch on the system...
@gemini_rose (16193)
Well all I can say, is it is a big glitch!! I noticed you had gone to a 6, was that from a 10? You are pleasant and you are very funny and you always put a smile on my face!! When I saw mine had dropped I laughed!!
@ruby222 (4848)
Morning Rose...well as you may have noticed the `6` is still firmly in place....so im making a pact with myself...when i write I dont look at the star..... Im just thinking it may be a sort of...prolonged glitch!!
@ruby222 (4848)
Thanks Gabs xx
@kiran1978 (4137)
Ha Ha love the title of your discussion. I hope we can find this phantom soon, lol. My star has not changed again today. Touch wood, it does not need another beating like you say. You already know my feelings about this issue, lol, I am starting to find it quite amusing. I think I would mind though if it drops any lower. We should start up a mylot police here, you want to join, he he??
@gemini_rose (16193)
I wanted to make it a bit light hearted, I know that many have been upset by the way their discussions have been rated negatively. I personally would be upset if I thought I was rated negatively because I was offending people but I know that I am not, and neither is anyone else who is taking a beating. I personally think me and you should have a race and see who can get down to one first, only joking!!!! I would become a myLot police for definate, but then again I thought thats what moderators & rules were around for.
@kiran1978 (4137)
I bet you I come 1st lol! Hope not. I am not worried either anymore as I know I have not offended anyone. I think it is good that you made this discussion light hearted, as some people may not feel so alone now in the phantom attacks, lol and they might have a laugh about it instead.
@theprogamer (10539)
Hey Gemini. Join the club. Been through three different "Star Wars" here on lot. Well, not wars, but maybe star genocides. I've been an 8 and sent back to a 5 (then 4). I earned an 8 again, and got sent back to 5. Got a 7 and was about to get an 8 and sure enough, ended up back at 5. Now I get the priveledge of seeing my star rise very very very very very very very slowly... 1 percentage point per 3 months. -_- Sure is depressing when compared to my actual efforts here on mylot -_- (Discussions, best responses, helping people with problems, and so forth) Star rating needs to go. ... You may think this next remark is weird but... haven't you started a discussion like this before? Months back? It just looked "familiar" just now.
@gemini_rose (16193)
No, hun never started one like this before, this is the first time my star was ever hit, I have only been a member for about 3 months. It is a bit sad if a person contributes a lot to a place like this and gives all good help and then gets punished for it, I think the star needs to go, I do not see the purpose it serves anyway.
@myklj999 (26217)
• Olney, Illinois
I'm actually doing a s l o w climb up the star chart. I was a 9 about 8 or 9 months ago and took an extended vacation. Upon coming back, I was a green 5 with a 52/100 rating. About 4 days ago it climbed to 53 and today I logged on at 54. I have been seeing falling stars all around me the last week or so; I thought maybe it was a glitch, but then I'm sure there'd be more people being affected if that were the case. So we've got some haters out there somewhere; it's really strange, because most of you I've seen falling don't post offensive material and don't pick fights or arguments with people. I have a theory, but it's kind of a stretch; maybe someone who was banned has started a new account and is attacking prolific members of myLot hoping these people will quit in disgust, thereby giving the banned one the sense of gaining a victory over myLot. I know, it sounds really weak, but it's the best I can come up with. It actually struck me as I was typing; when I look at it tomorrow I'll probably go "WTF was I thinking?"
@gemini_rose (16193)
Yes there does seem to be a lot of falling stars, maybe I should start wishing on them. No, I do not post offensive material or start fights, maybe thats the problem!! Thinking about your theory, it sounds possible, why they would do that I know not, but it is entirely possible, although I am not that bothered about a star that I would run off never to be seen again! I hope that I am made of stronger stuff than that, thanks for your input, the way it is going your star will be above mine before too long!!
@plumwish07 (4059)
like or not, i also realize about this phantom star attackers too dear friend. i just don't get it what the purpose of this kind people? what the benefit that he has by doing this kind thing? i am really sorry about whats going on with your rating star at this moment. i was on your position but not too much as like you face at this moment. terribly sorry dear cause it also nonsense for me that you having dropping rating star like that. i just wish that mylot being more wisely in determine any abuse report which coming to mylot
@gemini_rose (16193)
Who knows what is causing it and why it is so, I guess it happens wherever you go! I think that myLot should take a close look at the situation and take some action.
yes, i trully wish the same thing as like you dear friend. hopefully mylot find a good way to encounter this kind thing, if not we just will be so upset again and again
@gabs8513 (48712)
Well you know that I am mad at this seeing so many Friends of mine being attacked like this To me those Stars should not be there as a lot of People get hurt insecure through it I am getting madder that still mylot is not doing anything to stop these pathetic immature People that are doing this I better not say any more or I will never get to bed as I could go on and on about this Hugs to you and Goodnight
@gemini_rose (16193)
Yes, I do know that you are mad about it, and you are right, a lot of our friends are feeling bad and that they have done something wrong and that is not very fair when they have done nothing wrong, hugs back and sleep tight.
@gabs8513 (48712)
Mooch Sweetheart send me an Email Hugs to you
@dizzblnd (3073)
yes my dear Gemini... unfortunately you have been hit worse than I.. It's just wierd.. Your wording is very funny and gave me a chuckle.. but like you I will chug along and try not to let it irk me much
@gemini_rose (16193)
Thank you!!! And that is exactly what I was after, to give people a chuckle and not to get to down hearted about it and to just keep on posting great discussions no matter what!!!
• New Zealand
shg it off and move ahead.maybe even try to be a better my otter who regulary replies to pals posts.Next target may be who knows who cares!!! enjoy!!
My Otter - I know I'm silly, but I just had to do it lol!
"My otter" lol? Here's a pic of my otter lmao!!!
@jairgirl (2877)
hello, love the title of your discussion and i cant help but be enticed LOL. i have read so many asking the same question and i feel it is not fair for those who are doing their best to be fair and balanced out here (fox news ) i dont understand it myself, the other day i lose 2 of my discussion and i was thinking i may lose points and make my star pale but to my surprise i saw it having an extra number on it, anyway, like you if that happens i will just shrug (even roll over) my shoulders and laugh it off coz it is just a number, that doesnt measure us in reality. btw, i have to laugh with you mentioning not seeing the 9 or an 8 thanks for the and the takecare!
@Amberina (1541)
I was climbing pretty good there for awhile but then my star went down a few points and I was upset at first but then looked at it and said...it's just a number big deal. So I shrug it off it's no big deal to me.
@GOSWAMY (242)
it is really a funny incident !!!!!