Nervous Habits....

As I put hand cream on for the 40th time today on my non dry hands, I started to think about nervous habits that I have. I pretty much put on hand cream, lip gloss, or chapstick when I'm nervous or just don't want to talk about something. It just helps me to tune out. Sometimes I think I'm weird because of it but it just seems to be something I do. Do you guys have an nervous habits that may seem weird or nervous habits that aren't so weird? Are you one of the lucky ones who doesn't have any nervous habits because you are calm, cool, and collected all the time? (Bless you all) Do tell... Thanks for your response!
@II2aTee (2560)
I straighten paper clips. When I get nervous, or anxious, or bored, I reach for the paper clip containter on my desk. I spend a good amount of time trying to bend a paper clip into as straight a line as possible. It's actually alot harder than it sounds. Sometimes I'll be doing it and not even realize it untill someone walks past me and gives me an odd look. Oh yeah... and I think the office supply lady in my office wants to put a hit out on me.....
She probably already has one out on you! :) That's an uncommon habit. I'll have to give that one a try to take out some frustration sounds like it would work! :) Thanks so much!
• Regina, Saskatchewan
When I'm nervous I picture the person who's making me nervous, short, round, bald and naked. It makes me smile, which makes them think I'm calm, cool and collected. LOL Works every time.
Hey Spark, This does double duty when you have stage fright too, LOL!! Thanks for the response!
• Regina, Saskatchewan
LOL. Yep, that's where I learned it I think.
I guess my nervous habit would be when I am asked about a subject that is uncomfortable to me, I make a silly voice or an accent when I am answering. This is mostly towards my friends, as I would probably get a swift kick from family members. I am a jokester to my heart, and I guess it gives me a degree of comfortability if I can make a joke about it, even if its my cheesy Spanish accent. It can be unnerving, especially when its a sensitive subject, but before I found this little trick, I just wouldn't talk about things. So for me this is a step up.
Nice, I'm good at the not talking thing!! But humor seems to make everything much better!! I like cheesy voices too! Thanks for coming by hun!
@moneyandgc (3430)
I have nervous habits too. When I am sitting I bounce my foot. I also pull my fingers across the hair on the crown of my head; though I have mostly broken myself of actually pulling it out. I bite the inside of my cheek or my bottom lip sometimes too. One thing I have never been is a nail biter.
I never was a nail biter either! Thanks for stopping by!