Extinct no more...

@aseretdd (13736)
With thousands of animals in the endangared species list... this two news items are a breath of fresh air in the quest to save the planets and its diverse living creatures... http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080417/sc_afp/malaysiaanimalelephants;_ylt=AsjCm2bsNSzaYvOMxPepYLsPLBIF This news item tell about the Borneo Pygmy Elepants that is now believed to be the last survivors of the Javan Elepants that has been extinct centuries ago... they were brought to Borneo by royalty and were released to the wild... and grew to a population believed to be 1,000... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080417/ap_on_sc/zoo_rare_turtle;_ylt=Au.xQpOMaXKfzx83KYSh4a4PLBIF Swinhoe's soft-shell turtle was thought to be extinct in the wild... and thrives only in legends... but photos confirming that there are three in captivity proved the scientists wrong... I hope more and more so called extinct animals will be found... this gives the message of hope amidst the threat of climate crisis, and environment devastation throuhgout the world...
@mari61960 (4895)
I feel we have already lost enough animals to extinction. We should make every effort to save any and all that are declining. After all we are mostly responsible for the decline as we have taken and keep taking their natural habitats away from them...Leaving them no place to live and thrive. I just watched a show about the Pygmy Elephants and how they are getting caught in snares set for wild hogs. It was heartbreaking to see some of them suffering as they were. Brightest Blessings, Mari
@aseretdd (13736)
That is so sad... creatures as harmless as the Pygmy elephants should be left alone to thrive in the jungle... some people are very ignorant of the importance of preserving the living creatures that dwell on Earth... thanks for sharing this...
@mari61960 (4895)
Here is a link to information about the show I saw with the pygmy elephants the other day. http://www.worldwildlife.org/wildplaces/borneo/updates/pygmy-elephants.cfm
@aseretdd (13736)
Thanks for the link... i will check it out...
@julyteen (13259)
• Davao, Philippines
yes i agree. elephant now is among the animals considered endanger species and also the turtles you featured on the link given. I also add the birds called "Eagle"[b][/b]. this animals are now on the list and we can help it by preserving this animal.
@aseretdd (13736)
I am glad that you agree with me... there are a lot of animals in the endangered list... and news like this about those thought of that are already extinct but are actually not... is a good news... and brings hope for all life on Earth... thanks for the response...
@minnie_98214 (10573)
That is always good to hear. We had a bit of a scare with our bald eagles but no they seem to be everywhere. Its great there are groups out there that can save our animals.
@aseretdd (13736)
Same thing with the Philippine Monkey Eating Eagle... it was to close to extinction until the Government and some organizations stepped in to save them... now they have released some in the wild... and this Eagle is now my country's national bird... thanks for the response...
@skinnychick (6907)
What a nice hopeful post!! It would be great to see some more things like this happen, very uplifting in today's world.
@aseretdd (13736)
I totally agree with you... with all the bad thing happening... like increase in the prices of commodities, crimes, political unrest, and climate change... good news like this is a breath of fresh air even if for an ordinary person... it seems like nothing... thanks for the response...