Haggling 101: Finding Hidden Deals

Saving money  - Gault, a self-admitted haggling expert, said there's never been a better time to haggle, given our weak economy.

"I've always gone in and asked for discounts," she said. "But possibly they would expect it even more now. If you're worried about making your bills get paid or making ends meet, this is a good way to start savin
I saw this woman on 20/20 she was great at haggling. I am one who would find do this embarrassing. But I am surly going to try this one out. With times getting so hard for us. We have to find ways to cut corners. http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=4610552&page=1 Will you find this something you can do? If your already haggling what have you bought?
@lilaclady (28240)
I have never been good at haggling, I guess I trust people too much to put a fair price on things and if I think it is fair i pay it, I hate to see how people go on at garage sales, when things are put out so cheap and yet they still want cheaper, I just can't do it...
I hope some day soon you will work on that
only at flea markets and yard sales and at car lots but other than that never any wheres before.
I asked for lower pricing at tj max a few times. I was going to damage something on purpose to get it. I then thought it would be trash to me then.
@Polly1 (12648)
Haggling to get a good bargain is great fun. You can haggle to get a better deal almost anyplace. I love going to flea markets and bargaining for the price. I will even do it at the Walmarts, KMarts and other dept. store. Some people think you can't do it, yes you can. I recently bought a Vacuum at Walmarts. They only had the display model of the one I wanted. I asked if I could buy the display model, the worker said no, they won't sell it. I asked to speak to a manager. Guess what, I bought the display model, and got $10 knocked off the price. Another time I wanted a kitchen trash can. I wanted the red one with the white lid. The lid had some dirt on it. I called the manager and bargained for the price, hey it was new and had dirt on it and a smudge. I got a few dollars knocked off. I think its great fun when you get a bargain. All they can say is no, but you will never know unless you try.
I can't wait to go to walmart. Those shirts on the floor with a dirt mark on them. I will be walking to find the manager. The panty packs that are opened I want the manager. The boxes of this and that you know the drill. Thanks
@Polly1 (12648)
Thats how you do it, good luck. I have the manager paged. I have been told that they don't have them on weekends, I don't know if that is true or not. Sometimes the sales associates can mark things down too, all you have to do is ask.
My that is pretty interesting! I have done some of that...but not the extent she does and I am more quick to take no for an answer...lol. But, goodness- I usually just don't have the energy to put into it what she does!!
I think I will make a day of it during August for new school shopping.
I am lousy at haggling as I tend to be pushed around pretty easy.I do not have the brass it taked to really haggle with someone. you have to be the gutsy type who wont back down or give in too soon.
I can't wait to get to haggling. I am willing to leave a store empty handed if I can't get a discount. I am going to try it on sneakers.
@winterose (39918)
I tried haggling once but I was not to good at that, I think you have to be confident that you can beat the person down and I am not confident. In some countries they expect you never to buy at the price they quote, they want you to haggle.
@checapricorn (16066)
My mom is like this and she wont stop not until she can really make a cut.hahahaha...I have tried this in our Country but not in big malls since I believe the price is really fixed, but with this video..hmmmm...I can experiment it here, hahahhaa..I am excited to try my journey! Better try that never try at all! Anyway, if I will be rejected I can always look for other items!
@KKKBsmom (1093)
I think if I was better at it I really would enjoy it.... but I am a little to shy for that!!! and I hate when someone comes up and trys to haggle with me like at yard sales and such!