Do you have anything you keep that reminds you...

@Rosekitty (19441)
San Marcos, Texas
Of someone important to you? Maybe a item of clothing from a loved one? Some jewelry? Picture albums?
@DonnaLawson (4032)
I have an antique library table, a dining room table and a few other items from my mother-in-law.. I use them and would never get rid of them, she wanted us to have them after she passed away.. After my mom passed away, I go her dishes, (plastic from the 50's), an angel which I bought my mom when she was so sick at the end, and a lamp that I had given to her, (I am not crazy about it but she loved it).. These are items that I know my mom and mother-in-law had and used everyday, so they hold a special place in my heart. These items make me feel closer to them..
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
Hi Donna... You have lovely gifts from your family to cherish and pass on to your family..I know i have alot too, and hope my children will cherish them as much as I do
I have many more itmes from my both of my moms, too numerous to mention, but the ones that I mentioned hold extra special memories.. We lost both of our mothers within a 2 yr period and are having a very bad time of it.. So every item that we have from them is a special item, to be cherished by us and then our son will get them after we are gone..
@DCMerkle (1281)
I have a few things that I keep of my mother's, my sister's, my brother, my son and daughter, my hubby, my grandfather and grandmother, and a few friends. My mother has passed, all of the things that I have from friends have passed, my grandparents have passed also. The things that are my hubby's, son and daughter's, my sister and my brother are all still here. I keep those things around to send good thoughts their way and as a way to keep the ones that have passed alive in my memory. DCmerkle
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
Its always nice having these mementos of a loved one..makes you feel like that person is always close to you...I save alot from my children and grandchildren too..i'm a packrat LOL
@jennifer611 (2502)
My dad passed away in 2001 and I have a blanket he use to sleep with. I keep it in his old suit case. I never let anyone touch it and rarely take it out because I don't want anything happening to it. but when I am feeling really down I do take it out and look at it and hold it a while. also, old pictures of him too.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
Jennifer..you have made me cry reading this..such a wonderful touching response..my condolences on his passing and glad you have these wonderful memories
@icyorchid (2564)
I have a bracelet that my Aunt gave me I wear it everytime I go out. I also have a crocheted angel I got for her from one of those praying sites I have right by my computer. I had a friend who sent me a pooh bear when she heard about my aunt, that is by my computer also.