If you were to write an autobiography about your life so far.........

@gemini_rose (16194)
Do you think that it would be exciting,sad,happy ? What would the title of it be? Have you ever actually thought about it, I mean there are so many people that actually write these now and some of them are still only young, which always confuses me as I thought it was something for when you are older. If I was to write an autobiography then I think that it would be called " How not to live your life" because when I think back to all the things I got up to, I always think "should not have done this, should not have done that"!!!! I think that my autobiography would be more exciting than I think, as when I think about it I have led quite an interesting life at times!!! So what about you, what would your autobiography be called?
@gmwgreat (287)
• Ethiopia
hi gemini, i think if i write an autobiography about my life it would be worse for two reasons 1st i don't have the gift to write lol, and 2nd i don't have a life story at all, since am young, am eighteen years old, i haven't been away from my mom's home, i have never seen problems that you will face when you live by yourself or leading family, all burdens on you. so if i write an autobiography it will be called "problems with my mom and sister" lol, am just kidding, finally happy mylotting!!
@jerzgirl (8058)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
I've actually considered doing something like this. I won't give the actual title because it is something that makes people really upset, but there is an actual movie title that is similar to what I would choose. The title is "So I Married an Axe Murderer". I sometimes sit in amazement over the decisions I made in my life and then I have to wonder who I would be if I hadn't made those decisions. There's a lot to be said for how experiences mold you, what kind of person you have become compared to what you were before, things that have improved because of your experiences and things that have deteriorated. So many things to tell, or to not tell. How to go about it is a big issue. But, it is something I have thought about doing.
@gemini_rose (16194)
Well, I always think that peoples life experiences are inspirational to others, it opens peoples eyes as to what goes on in the world and can also help people who may be or have been in similar situations. I think that if I had been through things that I thought could maybe help other people then I would write it. I do not know if anything in my life would but it is worth thinking about.
@jerzgirl (8058)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
Oh, most definitely. I think, if I were to actually go through with it, that women who have made similar choices and lived to regret them would benefit as well as those who simply can't understand how anyone could make some of the choices they've made. I used to be one of them - I now know better. And, it's made a huge difference in how I view others. So, I do think a book wouldn't be a bad idea. Not everyone who makes bad choices does so because they want to be in a bad situation and I think that's a point that needs presenting.
@jerzgirl (8058)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
Thank you, Rose. I had forgotten all about this discussion! Happy Mother's Day!
@ruby222 (4848)
Thats a tough one Rose..but it would definately be a bittersweet tale....There would be quite a few interesting `bits` to tell about my life when I was working...some sad..others happy.... I think that life on the whole has been fairly interesting..and educating..to say the least!!!!.. LOL the How not to live your life tickled me pink!!..we have all done the most daft things !!!...im sure ive done as many as most!!!! Bringing up your family arms you with lots of lovely little tales to tell. The fact that we are never ever in a million years going to get everything right...well that goes without saying!!!! So maybe my title would go along the lines of.....`She was a tryer`....
@gemini_rose (16194)
"she was a tryer" Is a good title but makes it sound like someone else is writing it after you are gone!! How about "You cannot say I did not try" A bit long though that, ok "At least I tried" something like that!!
@ruby222 (4848)
OK...I will settle for one of those titles!!!
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi There I think I would call mine 'Expect the Unexpected' as my life has been so unpredictable in so mnay ways and each chapter would probably be like a sketch from a sitcom because even though some of the events in my life have been very serious they have been very funny too. An example of this which I shared on another discussion was a day in my early forties I managed to make front page news, stop the traffic for a couple of hours bringing the town to a standstill and get asked out on a date by one of the fireman that put the car out that was in flames in the middle of the road as it had set fire at the petrol pumps and I just knew I had to get it off the forecourt but had to bail out leaving it in flames in the road. Headlines were 'potential disaster averted' An interesting but scary day and not one I had planned as I had to cancel a solicitors appointment due to this incident. Ellie :D
@gemini_rose (16194)
Brilliant, that sounds like one autobiography I would read for definate, what are you waiting for, get writing!!!
@ellie333 (21029)
Thanks for the encouragement, I might just do that but only if you write yours too!!! Ellie :D
I think you should go for it you never know what could happen I have thought of writing my autobiography as well.My problem with is it 1st I am a nobody so who would read it,2nd I don't know any kind of writing style I just type what I think and don't always group things properly,kinda jump around a lot.Also how do you go about getting it published? Jas
@twoey68 (13651)
I can't think of what the title should be...I don't even know that I'd write a book about my life. To me it seems boring but other ppl find it interesting at times so who knows. Maybe a good title would be "Just this side of Sanity". That pretty much sums it up. **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@winterose (39916)
Well I already did right my autobiography, It is called Picking up the Pieces: A Woman's Journey I have written about all my life experiences, and I have a second book published now too, It is called Angels Watching Over Me and it is a novel.
@teeaye98 (287)
My autobiography would be called, "I Haven't Done Enough." The truth is that I really haven't done enough. I am 27 years old, have been married for 6 1/2 years and have 2 beautiful children. I spent 4 years at the Ohio State University and enjoyed every minute of it, but I feel as though I still haven't done enough. I plan to travel the world when my children get older and after they leave the house and I eventually want to complete my degree in architecture so that I can become the architect that I want to be. Sometimes I feel as though my plans were cut short because I got married and had children, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love my husband and my children. I just have to pick up where I left off once the children get older. So, I really haven't done enough!
@kiran1978 (4137)
Interesting discussion, think is too early in the morning, to use my brain, lol. I would probably call it, "Challenges that life has presented me!" THe reason I call it this as I feel my life has been one challenge after another, nothing has come easy for me, I have had to fight to get to where I am today. I guess the good thing is I have become a strong independent person because of it. It would be filled with a range of emotions, such as sad, shocking, happy and exciting. I think people would find it quite interesting, hmmmm, maybe I should write one, lol.
@itsmepinky (1301)
First of all i am just an ordinary person who doesn't deserve to be the subject of an autobiography. But if i had to write something , i would label it as "how laziness killed pinky" or "do not follow my footsteps". I have been through a lot in life , but it really isn't worth telling anyone. ~pinks~
@wickedangel (1636)
• Dominican Republic
Oh good discussion topic gemini rose, thanks for this! I think all of our lives are made up of dull and interesting moments but it is the way you tell it that really makes it great for someone else to read. I am absolutely hopeless at telling a tale but my BF is really good at it. He has had some hair raising experiences in his life and I am sure his would be a good book. I would do his with a title like 'Going Deep' - he used to be a commercial diver and so he got into all sorts of scraps - some the companies he was working for would rather he didn't tell!!! My life would be a little more dull. The early years full of pain and new experiences, some of them fun too. However my life in my 20s and 30s was great, full of travels, going to new places - so I think my autobiography would have a title along the lines of 'The ins and outs of travelling'.... After posting this, I will look at what other people have written. Good one Gemini, thanks! I've definitely rated this one.
@checapricorn (16066)
I have tried to start several times but I was never successful in finishing it! Maybe I have to wait for more year before finally having one! Cheers! I will title it as " My journey" , it will start with a drama down to a happy one! hahahaha..I had a great experiences in the sense that, it was all sacrifice,simple living and hardship. I consider it great since, It helps me to become a more mature and responsible individual! down to a happy one? since, I am enjoying the fruits of my sacrifices, so far! Since , I can't tell yet the future, but always wishing that all throughout this journey with my loved ones, God will be there! Wonderful topic gemini...Thanks!
The title of my book would be "Tomatoes and Soy Sauce". Symbolism of my childhood who made me for the person I am today. My youth maybe sad, depressing and full of trials but now my life has gone full circle. Though there is still some sadness and pain, I can say now I have found happiness, laughter and a comfortable life, as well as thankfulness that my trials made me stronger to face life with my head held up high.
@gemini_rose (16194)
I love the title, so I would love to know the meaning behind it, so I would read your book!!
Thanks! I have actually answered that one based on my recent post about the 360 change in your life.
@stephcjh (32327)
I'm not sure what my autobiography would be called. I could not pinpoint a name for it. My life is full of ups and downs every day. I never have a day where there is just total peace. It is always full of work and stress. I do get some enjoyments in life but something is always there to end it quickly.
@gemini_rose (16194)
Call it up and down then!! You should have more enjoyment, I need to too, life is too short for us both to waste.
@myrith (1830)
I'm with you there, If I wrote my autobiography today I dont know at this time what the title would be. I probably would have to wait till I'm half way or three quarter into it to find a title. There were and still is such turbulences in my life that just this morning I thought about what if I wrote my life story, would it be a best seller, well the answer I came up with was "YES" it would be that! then I came across your post on this same topic, do you think that God is trying to tell us something here? Now I'm seriously thinking of doing just that.
@Ravenladyj (22937)
My autobiography would pretty much cover all the basics LOL it would be full of drama, horror, sadness, humour, excitement, spirituality, love and the list goes on..What would I call it? LOL thats a tougher question...I've actually not come up with a title yet but the right one will come along when its meant to..
@gemini_rose (16194)
I think that I would love to read the majority of autobiographies of people who have joined in this discussion, and yours sounds like it would be exciting too, so when it is done could I reserve a copy please!!
What an interesting topic. I know for me, I don't know if I ever want to write an autobiography. I don't think I want to relive most of my life. My brain is messed up in a way that I tend to remember negative things more easily than positive things. I know there are lots of positive memories in my life, they're just harder to get to. I prefer to live in the present (and future), so I don't want to go over my life in order to write a book. I also wouldn't want someone to write about me or my life, either. But, if I were to write something, I think it would be about a woman's spiritual journey and about how God can really change someone mentally and physically.
@gemini_rose (16194)
I too also only remember the negative things rather than the positive things that have happened in my life, I like your idea though about what you would write about.
@rhane7315 (5673)
mine would be sad i guess. i've never come up with a title yet but definitely my autobiography would contain all about sorrows that happened in my life
@gemini_rose (16194)
Then you should leave writing yours for a few years so that you can make up for the sadness, by having lots of fun times. Mine would be that way up until I was about 19 or so, and then I had fun times and hard times and then things settled down a bit after the age of 26!
If I were to write my autobiography, the title would be "the late bloomer" because. I have always bloomed late in all aspects of my life. It will definitely include the ups and downs of my journey, and the lessons I have learned the hard way. Better late than never, anyway.
@gemini_rose (16194)
That is very good! Love the title.
@minnie_98214 (10572)
Mine would probably get used for a soap opera or something. Ive had some crazy crap happen in my life. Its not settled and boring and well I like it that way. Im now that soap couple that after all the issues they ship em of the saome where far away to live happily ever after.
@gemini_rose (16194)
Well I reckon it is time the world had a new soap opera, get writing, I will watch it!!!
If I were to write my autobiography, it would be a very interesting book full of ups and downs about someone who didn't allow other people to dictae her lifestyle. I think I'd have to call it "I did it my way."