Words

@Zelmarq (11503)
Cebu City, Philippines
Words by Michelle Lowndes Sticks and stones may break our bones But our bones can all be healed When hurtful words are spoken to us The brokenness is often concealed Hidden away deep down inside Where nobody can ever reach in Only God’s hand can heal the hurt If we allow His love to come in. Lord please help us speak the words That will build up and edify Words that will bring comfort and hope That will truly unify It’s so easy to come out with words Filled with anger and hurt Words that divide sisters and brothers That hasn’t been laced with God’s word. How easy it is to speak the words That discourages one another Giving our own opinions and advice Without understanding each other Lord I pray you’ll speak through us With words that truly uplift Words that always encourages And hearts willing to forgive. Help us Lord to realize our words Can bruise the human soul And can build a wall of indifference Where our spirits slowly grow cold Help us Lord to realize the pain That others can feel inside When we speak negativity And discouragement into their lives. We must be ever mindful of The words we come to speak And ask ourselves – ‘Will they build up’ For words can cut so deep If we could only grasp this We would only speak words of hope That brings blessing and encouragement And helps one another to grow. Exactly, a week ago, my housemate told me harsh words and I was really hurt. I went to missions training to serve as kitchen crew with a heavy heart. I was not exepcting to hear those words from the person that I tried to give respect, I was caught off guard and was not able to defend myself and just allowed him to hurt me. I was not able to talk back the way I should for I respect him, but it turned out it seems to me he only have little respect or dont respect me as a person. I cried, im a very emotional person and I get hurt so easily and I dont forget them either. I submitted it to God, surrender all to Him but theres still a side of me that wont forget. I told myself to forgive the act, and I thought I have forgiven but why is it when I see him, it makes me want to hate him. I dont like the feeling, living in under the same roof and not talking. Of course I will never have the confidence to talk to him after all the words he said. There must be some truths in thosw words but the way he said it, made me so lttle, I was so ashamed of myself even. It cut like a knife, but the wounds are invisble but so painful. I hope and pray that I will be able to get through all of this. There are reasons why these things happen and I am praying that I wil be able to see the positive side of things.
@flowerchilde (12518)
My kids should read that.. they are 27 and 25 and if and when they argue they do it so very very vehemently and then they say they hate each other..
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Well, you can print this and let them read this. Its good that they realize the importance of each one as early as now an that they may be able to speak words that would lift up each other. [b]happy mylotting! Hugs from zelmarq[/b]
You're right! I think I will do just that, copy and paste it and print them each a copy or email it to each of them.. - I hope your friend shows you some remorse for what was said! And reveals they were just very fatigued.. or something!
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Hello again my firend, that a good idea. We are ok now with my housemate. I initiated a sorry text message and he said sorry to me too. I have now peace in my heart.
@carmelanirel (20979)
Oh Zelmarq, unfortunately it is those who are closest to us that cut the deepest wounds..You have the right attitude and I pray that soon you will be able to forgive wholly and completely..
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Yes, thats very true my friend the people who know us from inside out are the ones who we feel could understand but its the other way around. I was not expecting to hear those words form him and it was really painful, like a stab in the heart. Im still hurting and just asking God to provide the circumstance that could bridge the gap between us.
I will agree with you on that and believe He will..
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
We are already ok, a text message was enough to bridge the gap between us and I made the first move. I now have peace in my heart. Praise God!
@faith210 (11233)
Hi Zelmarq! I am so sorry that you have to go through that my friend! I hope and pray that you will be able to forgive him completely and take those words into something positive and constructive in your being. be strong and courageous to move on though the pain. Lastly my friend, know that you are a good person and whatever faults or flaws people may find in you, remember you are in the journey of life..learning as you go along and each day you are becoming better and better! Just my thoughts dear friend. Take care and have a nice day!
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
I am trying to figure out how to restore the friendship, I cannot deny that from the day he said those words I started to get wawy from the person and have tried not to even bump with him anywhere in the house. It was never the same again, we have not talked since april 13, 2008 and theres this gap that has affected both of us. We were really close before the incident happened and its a tragic thing to happen in friends. I know this would soon pass and everything will be settled as long as I humble down myself and try to reach out and bridge the gap.
@faith210 (11233)
Hi Zelmarq! I guess, it is really uncomfortable when both of you live in the same house. However, just try to act natural as if nothing happened. Talk to him as you used to talk to him before the incident. It is awkward at first and maybe, he will not even talked to you just yet. Maybe he realized that he acted foolish and unfair towards you and him being older than you, his pride is keeping him on the defense. But keep on doing the same thing you are doing before the incident. Don't try to hard. Give him time and space, soon he will soften and the hurt will fade. Just my thoughts dear friend. Take care and have a nice day!
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
I have now peace in my heart. I initiated the peace process. I made a text mesage yesterday and here it goes. "im sorry if I got hurt with what you said last sunday. I guess I was over sensitive. Thank you for checking my negative attitude, as my leader I appreciate it. Sory if i talked back." Then after that he immediately replied, " ok no probs, im sorry too." It was a great day, I got tired of hiding from him and trying to avoid him, so at least now I have peace in my heart and I just hope our friendship will be restored for good. Thank you so much for the encouragement.
@Lakota12 (42684)
good luck in this hugs
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Thank you very much my friend and have a nice day!
@Lakota12 (42684)
your welcome and you also have a great day1
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Thank you!
@lucy02 (5017)
It is so hard to forget when someone hurts us. I know sometimes I think I have forgiven someone but then I start thinking about it again and get angry. In time maybe you will be able to sit down and talk to him about the things he said. Sometime people just say things in anger and its really not true. I've done it myself. Sometimes there is a grain of truth in what they say but it may be something we don't know how to deal with. I know I use to hate it when someone would mention me getting emotional or angry about something. I knew it was true but I could not stop it. Finally I was diagnosed with depression. Now I take meds and things are much better. The best thing to do though would be to talk to him and clear the air.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
I admitted to him about my not so good attitude and I acknowledged his checking me on that area in my life since he is my spiritual leader and I have apprecitaed it so much, i was hurt coz I let my pride rule over me. And Im just glad all is well now.
Words can do much more damage than physical hurt. Once the words are said even if the person says sorry they are still in the mind. Those kind of words shoud never be said to another person. If one person wants to let another know something that they think is being done or said wrong they should do it in such a way that it won't cut through to the heart. I hope you get to feeling better about yourself. He had no right to tear you to shreds that way. I will keep you in my prayers and hope the situation smooths out for you.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
I try to detach the perosn from the act but the problem is that im having hard time. Thank you for your concern, I appreciate it so much.