How often should a father-inlaw come over to your house?

@cream97 (29175)
My fil happens to come over almost everyday. It is annoying. Even though we don't see each other often at other times, it is very aggravating to see him most of the time. Should in-law's come over this frequently for any reason?
for me, it's okay,,, maybe he just wanted to know if you are ok, and he's now your family, so why be annoyed if he want to be with the family of their son/daughter??? maybe they just want to have a close ties with his family members...
@cream97 (29175)
Yes, but not that close. Sleeping on the couch that I lay my head on every night is too close for me!
@foxyfire33 (10017)
It depends on how well you get along with them. Since it annoys you for yours to visit everyday then I'd say yes it is too frequent and someone needs to put a stop to it. When we get moved my father-in-law will not be welcome...ever..if he steps foot on my doorstep I will lock the door and not allow him in.
@cream97 (29175)
Wow!!!
@cher913 (25895)
hm you sound like my hubby! is my parents lived closer, my dad would be over every day i think! he pretty much doesnt have much of a life and likes to catch up with things (as it is, he calls pretty much every day!) but i guess it could be because i am an only child (my hubby is just as annoyed as you! and we have been married 20 years!!) lol
@cream97 (29175)
Tell your hubby welcome to the annoying in-law's club. Would you even believe that he will leave his wife over my house just to sit until he gets off of work? He will be gone for like 8 to ten hours.