Is your husband jealous? How far would he take his jealousy?

@dloveli (4369)
I met the man of my dreams about 4 years ago. I really think he is a gift from the heavens. Right from the beginning I knew that he was the type of guy who wants his woman for him. I also knew that in his culture there was usually a wife and then 1 or more girlfriends. When we dated I didnt see us as ever being an item. Within a month I was happily surprised to find out that he was extremely interested in me and was actually single(no wife, no girlfriends). He and I began to spend all of our time together. I could tell that he was the jealous type and at first I was flattered. I am not one who considers myself to be a woman with many men in my life romantically so I didnt think it would be a problem. I realized that it went as far as jealousy toward my male and female friends. I am very family orientated so even still I didnt think of it as a problem. Its been a few years now and he is still the same as he was in the beginning. I thought it would be a problem but its actually helped me with self esteem issues and feelings of insecurity. It sounds crazy but his playful jealousy has helped me immensely. My friends, on the other hand, have stalkers. They are always getting involved with men or women that are jealous right from date one. It's interesting to see how differently people handle a mates jealousy. The way people carry out their jealous tendencies is interesting as well. How would you describe you or your mate? How far would you go with your jealousy? Be honest. Im nosy not judgemental. lol
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I don't care if my man is jealous and do agree that it has helps with self esteem issues. I am glad that he is still the same way. I have been dating my fiance for 8 months now and have noticed him to be a bit jealous. However I am too. If one of his friends jokes about something that has to do with other girls or even of his past gf's I get jealous. He knows it too, and he gets pissed at his friends. I am good at keeping a mask over what I feel until his friend's leave.. sometimes I let it slip. He usually gets me to calm down fairly quickly, but I am a bit of a stubborn person when it comes to that as well. Some women do not like those who are jealous because they want freedom, they want to flirt. I like that my fiance is jealous because I feel our relationship is more stable and I don't have to worry about him cheating.
@dloveli (4369)
jealousy in small amounts adds spice to any relationship. It makes a person feel wanted. For some people its the opposite. They are turned off by it. If you are happy in your relationship, thats all that matters. My man is the same way. He likes me to be home. I do believe that he does it sometime to make me feel special. I do know that I am the same with him. I hope you guys have a great time in your new relationship.dl
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Thank you and I agree that it does add spice. My thing is, women can be just as jealous as men but some women think that it's different. It is but it isn't, mostly isn't. I don't understand it myself.
@tintinn (277)
My husband is really jealous....he even get jealous seeing me talking to a doorman in the hotel that both we stay in.
@dloveli (4369)
I have been there before with my ex. Be careful! That can get dangerous. You probably dont need it, but make sure you have a safe plan. Just in case it ever gets violent. I dont mean to sound negative. I am just looking out for a fellow female. Maybe you should try to talk to him about it. Good luck.dl
Well if it has helped your self esteem then that is awesome. I would like to date someone is a little bit jealous. Not too much because that could be kind of dangerous but just enough to turn me on. LOL. ^_^ But if it has helped you then that is really awesome.
@dloveli (4369)
It definitely is a turn on.lol Sometimes. I think jealousy can be a pointless form of intimidation if done maliciously. The minute its used to control someone, all the cuteness is gone. I made sure right from the beginning that my man knew I was here for him and him only. If he didnt believe me, then we shouldnt be together. We've been together 4 years. Good Luck.dl