I Love the Country

@clrumfelt (5424)
I live in a very rural area of a small county. In fact our county has only 2 traffic lights and they are both on main street at the county seat. We live 11 mile out from the Piggly Wiggly and about 40 miles from the nearest Wal-Mart or other majorly known store. I enjoy living in the country away from the mainstream of everything. The city is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.
@lilybug (21148)
I live 11 miles from the nearest grocery store too. If I want to go to Walmart there is one about 25 miles away in any direction. Sometimes it is a drag to have to drive so far to get groceries and things, but most of the time I like living in the middle of nowhere.
Sadly, the county in which I live has had a traffic light for almost 10 years now. I much prefered the days when we did not need even 1. When I first moved here in 1977, there was not even 1 traffic light in the surrounding 3 counties. Now these 3 counties have a total of 4 traffic lights. It might be getting too crowded around here. PS. I love the country, too.
@clrumfelt (5424)
My daughter used to swear we were far away from civilization, but funny thing, after she lived in the city she wanted to come back. Now she is stationed in Phoenix and REALLY misses the country.