Would you intervene?

Australia
If you saw a couple of young thugs on the side of the road throwing rocks at a dog would you drive past and keep out of it or would you stop and yell out to them to stop or would you get and pick the dog up and rescue it?
Well, I am 6'4" tall, 265 pounds, shaved head, goatee, tattoos all over my arms, and people fear me for some reason! go figure. In reality I am very loving and kind, but I have used my size, and presence to help out in bad situations, so yeah I would stop and rescue the dog, and scare the hell out of the thugs, if I can.
@Aingealicia (1906)
I am actually very much a person who would stop it. I have stepped in a few times when I see something that I know is wrong. I am also a NYer, so if you know anything about us, we are well, according to the world, rude. I say we are just blunt. Ainge
@CatsandDogs (13964)
I would most definetly stop and make them stop or I'd go after them AND I'd rescue the dog in hopes to find it's owner or find it a good home. I couldn't take it in myself because I have too many as it is but I would NOT leave it behind to be abused more.
Are you kidding? I would run them over with my car! that's why I shouldn't drive.
Thanks for the best response. I thought I was too graphic. I guess I wasn't. Thanks.
@aseretdd (13736)
I think i would... young kids have this habit at throwing rocks at my mother's gate in the hopes of making the dogs bark... and i always go out and shout at them... and if i ever see boys torturing a dog or a cat... i wouldn't have a second thought of reprimanding them... or call the police on them...
I cannot condone cruelty to any animal so I would run over and grab the dog and get in my car and call the police at once because any thugs throwing rocks might come after me. then after the police came I would try to find out who the dog belonged to and take it to its owner.
@dreamy1 (3815)
I would yell at them out the window as I'm driving by. No way am I getting out and confronting some idiots throwing rocks because they may turn around and start throwing them at me. People have been killed for lesser things by confronting people.
@gemini_rose (16194)
My heart would want to intervene because where animals are concerned I am a big softie but my head would definately be telling me not to interfere. I would probably phone the police and then just keep my eye on them. You have to be careful how much you interfere otherwise the rocks could be turned on whoever steps in.
@selby70 (283)
I would have to intervene as much as it is very dangerous to do that. I would get the dog and rescue it. A few years ago a group were beating up a boy I intervened long enough for the boy to get away my husband kept saying they would be back to damage our car because of it but I could not have just watched and done nothing. Luckely they did not
@alamode (3073)
This has happened to us, and we went and got the animal after making sure that the kids knew exactly what would happen to them if they showed their faces in our neighborhood again. It was a smaller town then, and we knew the kids and their parents.
@faith210 (11233)
Hi coffeeshot! I would definitely intervene. I would yell at the young thugs and scold them. I can't just let them hurt the poor dog. Just my thoughts dear friend! Take care and have a nice day!
@digerati (287)
hi coffeeshot, that is a hard decision, but hope i could choose the right one and what i will choose now... it is to stop them, maybe not yell, but have a good talk at them to stop it... loving animals, digerati
@drumbum04 (172)
Yes, I would intervene. It is our duty to take care of animals. These are cute little beings that needs our love and protection. I will pick up the dog and put it in the dog pound. I will also talk to the young thugs and make them realize that what they are doing is wrong. What do they get from throwing rocks at a dog? They get nothing from it then why do it? I hope that this incident does not happen in real life. I am an animal lover. I am also against animal testing. We should care for animals. They are living things too. Like us humans, they also have feelings. They are not lesser beings.
@slickcut (8141)
I might not stop but i would honk my horn and scream at them...If they did not look dangerous i would stop and tell them off probably..If i could i might rescue the dog...I hate it when i see someone being mean to a poor animal....
@minnie_98214 (10573)
Being I am 5 months pregnant I would stay away you just dont know what they are capable of. I would call the police though let them break it up.