Voting

@emma412 (1156)
Does anyone actually vote for their favorite performer on American Idol? I have watched every season of it and have not once voted. I have my opinions on the singers and like some and don't like some. I have the one(s) that I want to win but have never actually casted my vote. How about you other viewers out there? Anybody vote or not?
@lightningd (1041)
I am going to be honnest. I voted one year, on one night in particular. And I spent the full 2 hours hitting redial. That was the week that Chris Daughtry was eliminated. This is why I think to a degree that it is not so much rigged as it is that the outcome is already predetermined. That night when Chris Daughtry was eliminated, I was shocked. I had spent all evening voting and it did no good. I really think they need to start showing the voting results. Give us the daily tally. I want to see who is where on the votes.
@emma412 (1156)
I too wonder how accurate America's votes are in competitions like this. It would be nice to see some kind of tally but thenwho knows if that too was rigged?
@ladym33 (11008)
Over the years I have voted a few times, but I don't vote regularly. If I think someone is particularly awesome on a particular night I will vote. My husband and I voted against each other one time, and we did let the kids vote a couple of times as well.
@emma412 (1156)
Too funny! So you and your husband actually cancelled each other out.