In my spare room I keep......

@ruby222 (4848)
As some of you will have noticed me saying I have a tiny house. My spare bedroom has become a dumping ground.In it there are my sewing boxes,blankets and towels,blow up beds,heaps of clothes ,dust...and lord knows what else. Whats in yours or are you always tidy??
@GreenMoo (11842)
If I had a spare room I would keep it sacrosanct, paint it white, and go in there to hide from my family in perfect peace. In reality it would probably fill up with crap from the rest of the house. It tends to breed when I'm not looking you see, and every spare inch of space is full. We've even managed to fill up the caravans and the vans. It's really quite frightening how much 'stuff' you can accumulate with no effort at all. I dream of minimalist decor, but to do that I think you need a second house down the road which you actually live in to keep the minamilist place minimalist for photo shoots.
@GreenMoo (11842)
The caravans are for working holidaymakers, when my son & his mates aren't using them as lego lounges, and the vans are supposedly for moving stuff around in (though you wouldn't fit a peanut in there any more!). How's your nose now?
@ruby222 (4848)
Hi Moo...I now feel totally satiated.....my nose is no longer troubling me....it all sounds fascinating..so they get term jobs and bunk up in the vans and work for you.....wow....sounds fine to me Moo....one more little question....lol...sorryyyy......what do they pick?....curiousity killed the cat...
@GreenMoo (11842)
You're nose must be troubling you just a little huh? Weeny tickle needing scratching? :-D I know just the cure ... listen up ... I'm a wwoof host (Willing Workers on Organic Farms - www.wwoof.org), which means that we offer food and accommodation in return for help around the place. Sometimes it's harvesting stuff, but normally it's a combination of helping with the animals, the veg garden, a spot of building work, our little forestry project ... whatever we're doing really. Our place is in the mountains of Central Portugal, so it's a pretty cool deal all round really.
@p1kef1sh (45647)
Come with me to the room that we laughingly call "spare". Hold my hand because we are going to need each others support as there is no knowing what lurks therein. First we are going to see a small cardboard box containing the only piece of pottery in our house that has some worth. It is a Clarice Cliff bowl. It's just where you will trip over it, but never mind the ironing board will catch you. As you sink to your knees try to land on those three bin liners of clothes that are there to be sorted for the charity shop. Do watch out for the edge of that chinese silk paining that is too hideous to put up. I don't want you to cut yourself! But the first aid box lying on the floor over there may have a plaster in it if you do. Over to the right here we have an selection of old suits and coats of mine that also need to go to the charity shop. But it is going to cost and arm and a leg to dry clean them all first. So they are waiting. Are you a little tired now. Well just lie on the pile of old bedding and I will switch the spare television on for you. On the other hand you may prefer to look through the contents of my daughter's old toybox or play with the doll's house that my Dad made her. No, I don't know why there is a cot in the corner either. There are no babies in the house - apart from me - and those books need sorting through too. Perhaps we'd better go back downstairs to the clutter free kitchen and make ourselves a nice coffee. I've got some bourbons.
@ruby222 (4848)
Hmmm..smacks of similarity ....and it was exhausting to read..but lol compelling...ok...my turn.....you walk in the door..and straight into the airing rack,which is laden with `tidy` clothes..ready to don immediately in the event of a special occasion...(which in actual fact rarely happens..so they are dusty)..to the left are my sewing boxes..filled with magical little pieces of cloth and wool and thread..that may come in handy one day...to the right..a freezer..now..ive banned myself from using a freezer..I buy the bargains and stash them..and there they stay..we cany use them..they are sacred...they are bargains...so lift the lid and you will find...wait for it...paperwork,a silver plate teapot and water jug,some bone handled cutlery...and a silk bedspread...all of which will come in handy one day..The obligatory pile of blankets stand by the window in case of an earthquake,along with those twin blow up beds...OH..I forgot the bookcase...filled with long read books.I will pass on the bourbons dear as ive just had my toast...kind of you to ask though.
@p1kef1sh (45647)
Thank you for the BR Ruby. We may not have the tidiest of spare rooms, but at least we know how to live!
@gemini_rose (16194)
What's a spare room?? I have not seen one of them for years. I have a four bedroomed house and not a spare room in sight!! We always think about when the kids are grown and gone, all the rooms we will have spare and what we can do with them!!
@ruby222 (4848)
OK OK calm down now Rose...it was just a question...loland when the kids are all grown up and gone..you will say..Oh this is too big for us..we need to downsize..!!!!